The practical skills and hands-on experience you'll get studying chemistry at QUT will give you the edge you need to start work in the chemistry industry.
Why study chemistry at QUT?
- Get hands-on skills in frequent laboratory sessions and practical classes throughout your course.
- Experience our science, engineering, technology and maths research community with an undergraduate research project at the end of your course.
- Go on field trips and site visits to network with professional chemists working in the real world.
- Bachelor of Communication (Journalism)/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Communication (Professional Communication)/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture)/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Mathematics
Short courses and professional development
Our courses have a strong emphasis on practical learning, with extensive hands-on prac classes throughout your course. Take your learning from the classroom and apply it in the lab, working collaboratively with your classmates to develop practical and transferable skills in chemistry applications.
Graduate with the advanced technical skills, experience with modern instrumentation and training in scientific communication you'll need to succeed in industry.
Experience chemistry in the field
Go on field trips and site visits as part of your learning, and see the work of chemists in industry. Experience the practical applications of science on a real-world scale, from on-site laboratories to large-scale industrial operations.
Access specialist facilities
Study, work, learn and collaborate in our $230 million Science and Engineering Centre. Access our specialist equipment to support your study, including our unique facilities and tools in the Central Analytical Research Facility.
We have strong links to the professional chemistry industry, including our direct involvement with the Royal Australian Chemical Institute, as well as fostering strong connections with our graduates and their employers.
Our vibrant chemistry research community is completing unique and valuable research in the field. We're currently leading national research to develop portable tools for screening chemical and biological hazards.
Undergraduate students can experience research in chemistry with a one-semester research project in your final year of undergraduate study.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
General enquiries and student services
- Phone: 3138 8822
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 8822
Level 3, O Podium
2 George St
- Postal address:
QUT Science and Engineering Faculty
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001