Combine mechanical and chemical engineering skills to start your career as a chemical process engineer.
Why study chemical process engineering at QUT?
- Experience the industry first-hand when you complete at least 60 days of workplace experience as part of your undergraduate course.
- Graduate from your Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) accredited and ready to work anywhere in the world.
- Boost your career and complete a postgraduate specialisation in project or engineering management.
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Architecture)/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design)/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design)/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture)/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Science
Develop society's essential materials
Chemical process engineers develop and optimise industrial processes to make the huge range of products that society depends on.
Chemical process engineering involves refining, renewing and modifying raw materials (like sugar cane, ore-bearing rocks, waste, commodity chemicals or animals) to produce useful products and by-products.
In your future career, you'll design equipment, control chemical reactions, develop process control strategies, and operate and upgrade industrial processes.
You'll have opportunities to visit work sites, where you'll get an insight to how chemical process engineers operate in the workplace. You'll also have opportunities to complete our work integrated learning and research projects.
Get career-building, first-hand experience in the chemical process engineering industry with a minimum of 60 days of required workplace experience as part of your undergraduate course.
Graduate with honours
Our undergraduate degree is an honours-level course, which means you'll graduate with a distinct career edge. An honours degree is a higher qualification than a bachelor degree, giving you advanced knowledge and skills that will benefit you in your professional career, or future research and study.
Advanced engineering skills
In our postgraduate engineering degrees, you can develop skills to solve complex engineering problems and understanding how different technical fields interact.
You'll advance your skills in problem solving, applying theory, engineering design, and working with other professionals.
You'll analyse and apply appropriate theories, concepts, knowledge and skills in practical problems to investigate and interpret possible solutions to real-world engineering problems.
Get management skills
We offer postgraduate courses to specialise in project and engineering management.
In our project management courses, you'll develop the skills to manage projects in professional organisations across a range of industries.
Our engineering management courses are for practising engineers who want to develop management qualifications with advanced engineering skills and knowledge.
Work anywhere in the world
All our Bachelor of Engineering graduates are eligible for an Engineers Australia membership. Engineers Australia is a signatory to the Washington Accord, which lets graduates work in countries around the world and means your qualification will be recognised internationally.
Complete advanced research
In our Doctor of Philosophy, you'll develop a substantial piece of research in your chosen specialisation. You'll work at the cutting edge of engineering, and contribute new knowledge to your field. This will give you opportunities to progress in your career, or to move into academia or research and development.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
General enquiries and student services
- Phone: 3138 8822
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 8822
Level 3, O Podium
2 George St
- Postal address:
QUT Science and Engineering Faculty
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001