Learn from and work with researchers who are at the top of their fields and internationally recognised for their work in key areas of biology.
Why study biological sciences at QUT?
- Learn, study and research with state-of-the-art equipment in our Science and Engineering Centre and Community Hub.
- Work with world-leading researchers who are collaborating with industry and government to find real-world solutions.
- Get insight into working in the field with industry guest lectures, site visits and work experience.
- Bachelor of Communication (Journalism)/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Communication (Professional Communication)/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture)/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Mathematics
Learn diverse skills
We integrate theory and practice with a strong focus on experimental design so that you'll be equally skilled at the desk, in the laboratory and in the field. Develop the critical thinking skills you'll need to tackle real-world problems, and graduate industry-ready.
Combine theory and practice in plant and animal biology across study areas, and choose from a wide range of second study areas to diversify or deepen your studies.
Learn and study in our $230 million Science and Engineering Centre and Community Hub. Access state-of-the-art equipment, learning spaces, and laboratories.
Benefit from our world-leading researchers, who are working closely with government and industry to find the solutions to important issues like:
- food security
- plant and animal genetics.
Our research results and findings are integrated into our courses, making sure that your course material is up-to-date and industry-relevant.
Learn from the best
Our Science and Engineering staff have received 10 prestigious Australian Learning and Teaching Council (ALTC) awards since 2006, for teaching excellence, outstanding contributions to student learning, and programs that enhance learning.
Learn from and work with cutting-edge researchers, and work and develop links with industry partners and research groups, preparing you for a future career in biology.
Get real-world insight into working in the field with industry guest lectures, site visits and work experience opportunities.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
General enquiries and student services
- Phone: 3138 8822
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 8822
Level 3, O Podium
2 George St
- Postal address:
QUT Science and Engineering Faculty
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001