Be part of an innovative multidisciplinary school with excellent connections to the real world of professional design.
Why study architecture at QUT?
- Learn practical and project-based architectural design, conducted in a collaborative studio space.
- Be inspired and empowered to create environments with a positive effect on human health, environmental quality, social relationships and urban systems.
- Learn to apply digital design tools to address sustainable architecture, alongside teaching, practice and research.
- Bachelor of Design (Architecture)
- Bachelor of Design (Honours) (Architectural Studies) - Advanced Standing Entry
- Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture)
- Bachelor of Design - International (Architecture)
- Bachelor of Design - International (Landscape Architecture)
Masters by coursework
Get hands-on experience
Throughout your course, you'll complete project-based architectural design units in a studio setting . You'll work on projects with a practical edge that will teach you to think about how buildings function and are constructed.
Work on real project briefs to develop your industry knowledge and practice, building an understanding of how architects work in the real world. You'll also get practical workplace experience, which will let you make important industry connections.
Graduate industry ready
Our architecture course has a strong emphasis on building practical skills, which will make sure you're ready to work in the real world. You'll also have the opportunity to get practical workplace experience, and gain academic credit for it, which will let you make important industry connections.
Our undergraduate honours degree will give you advanced knowledge and skills to benefit your professional career, or future research and study.
Focus on sustainable design concepts
Our architecture courses are increasingly recognised internationally for their focus on innovation and sustainable development in design. You'll work on understanding, developing and designing sustainable systems, and applying advanced digital design tools to bring your sustainable designs to life.
Learn from the best
You'll be taught by architects who work in the field and have years of industry experience. You'll also have opportunities to collaborate with the design community through public lectures, student-run exhibitions, and off-campus and international study tours to design capitals in Europe, America and Asia.
Pathways to postgraduate study
The undergraduate degree in architecture qualifies you for entry into the proposed two year Master of Architecture course (for eligible Australian and New Zealander students only).
You can also turn your creative interests and professional expertise into a postgraduate research degree to master new techniques, skills and research methods. Complete your research as either a thesis or a practical industry-focused creative work, with a written component.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Fax: 3138 8116
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059