Work with real clients, build an outstanding portfolio and deliver practical solutions for contemporary problems in marketing, advertising and PR.
Why study advertising, marketing and public relations at QUT?
- Test your skills with a real-world advertising, marketing or public relations practical project during your study.
- Connect with like-minded students and start building your professional networks with our student association, AMPed.
- Connect and network with industry experts at events and seminars throughout the year.
- Graduate with a new skill set in as little as 6 months with a Graduate Certificate in Public Relations, Marketing or Integrated Marketing Communication.
- Enjoy flexible online study with a Graduate Certificate in Business (in integrated marketing communication, marketing or public relations) or a Master of Business (integrated marketing communication, marketing, public relations or strategic advertising).
Short courses and professional development
Work with real clients and products
Our advertising students develop campaigns, marketing strategies and brand identity management for real products and clients across a wide range of media, building a professional portfolio. Develop skills in copywriting, art direction and creative campaign production as part of your advertising major. Complete a capstone unit at the end of your Bachelor Business (Advertising) to work as a team to develop a real-world advertising campaign.
Our marketing students create a real product, devise a detailed marketing plan and sell their product at market days. Test your skills and knowledge in a simulated environment and, over several weeks, take a marketing plan from concept to implementation.
Our public relations students build a portfolio or work demonstrating their skills in managing clients and industry. Complete a capstone unit at the end of your Bachelor of Business (Public Relations) to design a publicity campaign for a real-world client.
All three specialisations offer opportunities for work placements in consultancies, corporate settings, community groups and government.
Learn from the best
Our courses are taught by industry professionals in marketing, advertising and public relations. They have years of experience working in professional environments, building client relationships and reputations, and developing strong market presences. You'll be able to learn from their expertise throughout your course.
We offered the first comprehensive advertising degree in Australia, and we're still a leader in innovative advertising education.
Join a student society
AMPed is our student association for advertising, marketing and public relations students. Network with industry professionals, attend industry events, connect with your peers and start building important professional networks.
Pathways to research
Graduate into a Bachelor of Business (Honours) to start your career in advertising, marketing or public relations research.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.