We offer the only three-year undergraduate acting degree in Australia, with a distinctive focus on acting for screen.
Why study acting at QUT?
- Develop and refine the skills and knowledge required to become a professional actor.
- Undertake three years of intensive training and performance, including completing film shoots, performing in stage productions, and writing and performing your own stand-up comedy.
- Work with esteemed national and international artists on studio, main stage and film projects.
- Graduate as a highly employable and experienced actor for both stage and screen.
Short courses and professional development
Our conservatoire-style acting course will educate, train and nurture your creative potential, from novice to professional actor. Our staff are committed to providing a learning environment that challenges and inspires you to be an innovative and imaginative actor.
Your screen work will include both studio and on-location shoots. In your final year, you'll rehearse, film and perform in stage productions and professional filmed shoots. You'll also learn and practice audition techniques for stage, film and television with professional casting directors and agents as your mentors.
Throughout the course, you'll perform classic and contemporary texts, presented at QUT precincts, including the Gardens Theatre and The Loft.
Our notable graduates include:
- Wayne Blair (The Sapphires, Redfern Now)
- Michael Dorman (Secret Life of Us, Daybreakers)
- Gyton Grantley - AFI and Silver Logie award winner (Underbelly, CSI: New York, House Husbands)
- Josh Helman (The Pacific, Animal Kingdom, Jack Reacher)
- Anna McGahan (Rake, Underbelly, House Husbands)
- Adrienne Pickering (The Reef, Rake, All Saints, Secrets and Lies)
- James Stewart - Helpmann Award and Logie award nominee (The Glass Menagerie, Breakers, Packed to the Rafters)
- Brenton Thwaites (SLiDE, Blue Lagoon, Maleficent).
Pathways to postgraduate study
Turn your creative interests and professional expertise into a postgraduate research degree to master new techniques, skills and research methods. Complete your research as either a thesis or a practical industry-focused creative work, with a written component.
Our graduates work nationally and internationally as actors for stage, film and television. They have performed leading roles in national and state theatre companies, television series, miniseries and feature films. Others successfully self-produce for film and theatre.
We offer two short courses to help you advance your acting and performance skills. Our beginners acting course explores the fundamentals of acting and offers a taste of the craft, while our public speaking course teaches you strategies to plan and deliver speeches.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Fax: 3138 8116
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059