Work on real performances and shows during your study to expand your industry connections and experience.
Why study technical production at QUT?
- Develop management, technical and creative skills in the theatrical fields of acting, dance, opera, music, circus, fashion, festivals and events.
- Build on production fundamentals in stage management, lighting, sound, vision and scenography to develop a personalised learning pathway to the industry or postgraduate study.
- Gain expertise working with different multimedia formats and in film shoots.
- Build real-world skills with intensive practical and theoretical learning.
Flexible study approach
Depending on your interest, you can study a coursework degree, or a research degree as either:
- a thesis with our Doctor of Philosophy or Master of Arts (Research)
- a practical industry-focused work and a written component with our Doctor of Creative Industries.
Further your professional practice
Our range of postgraduate technical production courses lets you incorporate practice-led research into your profession, meaning that you can complete your research degree as you work. A research degree can also prepare you for a career in a range of research-oriented and policy-focused roles.
Our Creative Industries Precinct offers a world-class space with some of Australia's most sophisticated digital facilities. Here, you can collaborate with and work alongside like-minded people in an interdisciplinary environment that inspires imagination and innovation.
Pathways to a research career
Studying one of our postgraduate technical production courses offers a pathway towards a more research-focused career in industry or academia, where you'll be qualified to apply your research skills.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Fax: 3138 8116
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059