Our postgraduate programs have been designed for professionals interested in a career in public health, mid-career professionals seeking advancement, and clinicians looking to broaden their range of expertise.
Why public health at QUT?
- Learn from professionals with experience that includes senior management roles, policy and service development, hospitals and health services, consultancy and research.
- Start your postgraduate learning with a short course, with the option to progress through to a masters qualification.
- Study to suit your lifestyle with options to learn on-campus, online or in shorter intensive blocks.
- Graduate Certificate in Communication for Health
- Graduate Certificate in Health Science
- Graduate Certificate in Policy and Governance
- Graduate Diploma in Environmental Health
- Graduate Diploma in Health Management
- Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Graduate Diploma in Public Health
Masters by coursework
Short courses and professional development
- Disaster management
- Disaster planning and preparedness
- Disaster response and recovery
- Health care law and ethics
- Health planning and evaluation
- Introduction to quality management in health
- Leadership in disaster management
- Leadership in health management
- Leadership of quality and safety in health care
- Palliation in dementia care
- Professional law program
What is public health at QUT?
Public health professionals are skilled in developing and delivering health initiatives that focus on improving the health and wellbeing of whole populations, locally and on a global scale.
Our courses and research reflect these areas of strength and expertise:
- emergency and disaster management
- environmental health
- epidemiology and biostatistics
- health information management
- health promotion
- health service management
- indigenous health
- occupational health and safety.
Choose your area of specialisation
Our postgraduate programs offer a range of major study areas suitable for professionals from a variety of health practice backgrounds who want to develop knowledge and skills for executive leadership roles, or entry roles in environmental health, occupational health and safety, and other areas of health.
Take the next step in your career
We offer a suite of short course and postgraduate degree programs that have been designed for:
- professionals interested in a career in public health
- mid-career professionals seeking advancement
- clinicians looking to broaden their range of expertise.
Programs span one-week short courses to masters qualifications, and many courses articulate, which allows you to increase your qualifications step by step at a pace that suits you. Many courses give you the option to learn on-campus, online or in shorter intensive blocks.
Learn from the best
Many of our staff have held executive leadership positions in government and industry, offering valuable insight with real case studies. They're focused on developing your executive leadership skills, and will offer unique opportunities for mentorship and networking, while sharing their experience in understanding and negotiating the public health industry.
A career in research
Our research responds to the demand for better public health services, the promotion of better health and wellbeing, improved disease and illness prevention, and policy development to achieve fairer, more inclusive societies.
Our researchers are drivers of change and have been recognised by industry bodies for their innovation. Articles about our recent research include:
- Desperate need for elder abuse prevention research
- Taking a carrot and stick approach to workplace safety
- Suspicious skin lesion images sent to doctors via mobile app for faster cancer detection
- Hospital hand-washing campaign effective but expensive.
The majority of our research is conducted through our Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation (IHBI). Encompassing prevention, intervention and translation, IHBI is focused on ensuring that better health becomes a reality in our lifetime. Our researchers work in multidisciplinary teams across multiple sites, including hospitals.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
School of Public Health and Social Work admission and course enquiries
- Phone: 3138 4697
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 4697