We provide a strong foundation in contemporary legal knowledge with award-winning lecturers and real-world placements that develop industry connections.
Why study law at QUT?
- Prepare for your legal career with real-world relevant learning and assessment.
- Develop your skills or specialise with a Master of Laws.
- Get law qualifications if you're from a non-legal background with our Graduate Certificate in Applied Law.
- Tailor your degree with our Master of Applied Law, and select units that align with your industry and interests.
- Conduct original research in your chosen area of law.
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Communication (Digital Media)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Communication (Entertainment Industries)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Communication (Journalism)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Creative Writing)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film, Screen and New Media)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Justice/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
Masters by coursework
Short courses and professional development
Practical legal training
The Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, which includes a four-week placement in a law office, gives you the practical legal training to be admitted to the legal profession.
We have relationships with more than 400 work placement partners including firms, government departments, in-house legal departments and non-profit organisations, and can provide you with a placement to start you on the path to the career you want.
The course is flexible, with on-campus and online offerings, and provides the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the community, corporate and government practices.
The range of academic expertise we have creates a stimulating environment to support your lifelong learning journey. You'll be taught by:
- a dedicated, highly experienced team of academics with extensive knowledge and expertise
- practising industry professionals
- visiting professors and leading experts from around the world.
Our lecturers are recognised for their expertise and achievement with prestigious fellowships and awards, including from the Australian Learning and Teaching Council, the QUT Academy of Learning and Teaching, the QUT David Gardiner Teacher of the Year Award.
Extensive industry links
Our academics maintain close links with the legal professions, government departments and international agencies, ensuring that our courses remain relevant to contemporary practices in Australia and overseas.
In collaboration with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and IP Australia, we are proud to offer a Master of Laws in Intellectual Property, the only course of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
Our QUT Law library provides specialised legal information resources and learning support for students studying law and justice. The Law library has an extensive range of resources and study spaces. You'll also have on-site access to staff and law student peer advisers for help and support as well as online access to databases and journals.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
- Phone: 3138 2707
Level 4, C Block
2 George St
- Postal address:
Faculty of Law
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001
Got a question?
The Faculty of Law support team is here to help.