We have state-of-the-art newsroom and production studios to expand your skillset.
Why study journalism at QUT?
- Turn your professional expertise and interests into a postgraduate research degree to master new techniques, skills and research methods.
- Develop an advanced level of investigation and critical thinking to apply to your practice.
- Complete a thesis or creative project to further your skills and advance your knowledge.
Short courses and professional development
Flexible study approach
Depending on your interest, you can study a coursework degree, or a research degree as either:
- a thesis with our Doctor of Philosophy or our Master of Arts (Research)
- a practical industry-focused creative work and a written component with our Doctor of Creative Industries.
Further your professional practice
Our range of postgraduate journalism courses lets you incorporate practice-led research into your profession, meaning that you can complete your research degree as you work. A research degree can also prepare you for a career in a range of research-oriented and policy-focused roles.
Our Creative Industries Precinct offers a world-class space with some of Australia's most sophisticated digital facilities. Here, you can collaborate with and work alongside like-minded people in an interdisciplinary environment that inspires imagination and innovation.
Pathways to a research career
Studying one of our postgraduate journalism courses offers a pathway towards a more research-focused career in industry or academia, where you'll be qualified to apply your research skills.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Fax: 3138 8116
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059