Be part of our internationally renowned School of Design.
Why study interactive and visual design at QUT?
- Translate your professional expertise and interests into a postgraduate research degree to master new techniques, skills and research methods.
- Develop an advanced level of investigation and critical thinking to apply to your practice.
- Complete a thesis or creative project to further your skills and advance your knowledge.
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design)
- Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication)
- Bachelor of Design - International (Interaction Design)
- Bachelor of Design - International (Visual Communication)
- Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments
- Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments (Animation)
- Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments (Game Design)
- Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments (Software Technologies)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Human Services
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design)/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design)/Bachelor of Information Technology
Short courses and professional development
Flexible study approach
Depending on your interest, you can study a coursework degree, or a research degree as either:
- a thesis with our Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Arts (Research), Master of Fine Arts (Research) or Master of Design (Research)
- a practical industry-focused creative work and a written component with our Doctor of Creative Industries, Master of Fine Arts (Research) or Master of Design (Research).
Build industry connections
Our postgraduate courses offer industry-linked learning, with professionals and academics in the field delivering informed, practical content. We have connections with local and national leaders in festivals and events, so you benefit from their experience, mentorship and real-world project or internship opportunities.
You'll graduate with enhanced creative industries networks and the confidence to develop your own entrepreneurial projects, events and programs.
Further your professional practice
Our range of postgraduate interactive and visual design courses lets you incorporate practice-led research into your profession, meaning that you can complete your research degree as you work. A research degree can also prepare you for a career in a range of research-oriented and policy-focused roles.
Our Creative Industries Precinct offers a world-class space with some of Australia's most sophisticated digital facilities. Here, you can collaborate with and work alongside like-minded creatives in an interdisciplinary environment that inspires imagination and innovation.
Pathways to a research career
Studying one of our postgraduate interactive and visual design courses offers a pathway towards a more research-focused career in industry or academia, where you'll be qualified to apply your creative practice research skills.
Master new skills and technologies
Specialise in your creative field to learn new and emerging technologies. Develop your career by studying web design, interactive media, interface design, visual communication, motion graphics and interaction design.
You'll create a portfolio of individual design work, and collaborate on industry-based team projects. You'll also have opportunities to work on projects at The Cube - QUT's state-of-the-art digital interactive learning and display space.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Fax: 3138 8116
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059