We offer Queensland's premier fashion design courses in our internationally renowned School of Design, and we're a national leader in advancing practice-led research.
Why study fashion design at QUT?
- Turn your professional expertise and creative interests into a postgraduate research degree to master new techniques, skills and research methods.
- Develop an advanced level of investigation and critical thinking to apply to your creative practice.
- Complete a thesis or creative project to further your skills and advance your knowledge.
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Design (Fashion)
- Bachelor of Design - International (Fashion)
Short courses and professional development
Flexible study approach
Depending on your interest, you can study a coursework degree, or a research degree as either:
- a thesis with our Doctor of Philosophy or our Master of Arts (Research)
- a practical industry-focused creative work and a written component with our Doctor of Creative Industries.
Further your professional practice
Our range of postgraduate fashion design courses lets you incorporate practice-led research into your profession, meaning that you can complete your research degree as you work. A research degree can also prepare you for a career in a range of research-oriented and policy-focused roles.
Our Creative Industries Precinct offers a world-class space with some of Australia's most sophisticated digital facilities. Here, you can collaborate with and work alongside like-minded creatives in an interdisciplinary environment that inspires imagination and innovation.
Studying one of our postgraduate fashion design courses offers a pathway towards a more research-focused career in industry or academia, where you'll be qualified to apply your creative practice research skills.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Fax: 3138 8116
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059