Combine creative industries, business and law to work in a huge range of exciting entertainment industries, from popular music to theme parks to sports.
Why study entertainment industries at QUT?
- Turn your professional expertise and interests into a postgraduate research degree to master new techniques, skills and research methods.
- Develop an advanced level of investigation and critical thinking to apply to your practice.
- Complete a thesis or project to further your skills and advance your knowledge.
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Communication (Entertainment Industries)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Communication (Entertainment Industries)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Human Services
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
Flexible study approach
Depending on your interest, you can study a coursework degree, or a research degree as either:
- a thesis with our Doctor of Philosophy or our Master of Arts (Research)
- a practical industry-focused creative work and a written component with our Doctor of Creative Industries.
Further your professional practice
Our range of postgraduate entertainment industries courses lets you incorporate practice-led research into your profession, meaning that you can complete your research degree as you work. A research degree can also prepare you for a career in a range of research-oriented and policy-focused roles.
Our Creative Industries Precinct offers a world-class space with some of Australia's most sophisticated digital facilities. Here, you can collaborate with and work alongside like-minded creatives in an interdisciplinary environment that inspires imagination and innovation.
Pathways to a research career
Studying one of our postgraduate entertainment industries courses offers a pathway towards a more research-focused career in industry or academia, where you'll be qualified to apply your creative practice research skills.
Become a leader in the arts
Specialise in your creative field to build the leadership, management and administration skills you need to work with productions, events and festivals.
You can also choose to study the areas most relevant to your professional development. Assessment projects can be practical and customised to your own interests and development needs as an entertainment industry professional.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Fax: 3138 8116
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059