Our exceptional dance programs have been producing leading dance professionals for over 35 years.
Why study dance at QUT?
- Turn your professional expertise and creative interests into a postgraduate research degree to master new techniques, skills and research methods.
- Develop an advanced level of investigation and critical thinking to apply to your creative practice.
- Complete a thesis or creative project to further your skills and advance your knowledge.
Flexible study approach
Depending on your interest, you can study a coursework degree, or a research degree as either:
- a thesis with our Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Arts (Research) or Master of Fine Arts (Research)
- a practical industry-focused creative work and a written component with our Doctor of Creative Industries or Master of Fine Arts (Research).
Further your professional practice
Our range of postgraduate dance courses lets you incorporate practice-led research into your creative profession, meaning that you can complete your research degree as you work. A research degree can also prepare you for a career in a range of research-oriented and policy-focused roles.
Our Creative Industries Precinct offers a world-class space with some of Australia's most sophisticated digital facilities. Here, you can collaborate with and work alongside like-minded creatives in an interdisciplinary environment that inspires imagination and innovation.
Pathways to a research career
Studying one of our postgraduate dance courses offers a pathway towards a more research-focused career in industry or academia, where you'll be qualified to apply your creative practice research skills.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Fax: 3138 8116
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059