Develop an understanding of health law, health ethics and the relationships between the two with this short course, presented by experts in health law and ethics.
Areas of focus include:
- an introduction to ethical theories and health law
- macro-level issues like the right to health
- micro-level issues like patient safety
- developments and emerging issues in healthcare ethics and law.
Who should participate
Health professionals and practitioners from a wide range of fields, who are interested in receiving an introduction to the intersections between ethics and law in the healthcare setting.
Gardens Point Campus
2 George Street
Block 1: Saturday 2 – Sunday 3 March 2019.
Block 2: Saturday 9 – Sunday 10 March 2019.
9am to 5pm, each day.
This course is delivered across two blocks, each consisting of two full-day seminars.
No assessment is offered with this course.
Early-bird registrations receive a 10% discount.
Australasian College of Health Service Managers (ACHSM) members receive a 15% discount.
- Standard registration: $2,138.94 (GST included)
- Early-bird 10% discount (register before Friday 1 February 2019): $1,925.05 (GST included)
- Australasian College of Health Services Managers (ACHSM) members 15% discount: $1,818.10 (GST included)
For more information about course content please contact the course coordinator, Dr Fiona McDonald.
On completion of this course, you'll have the ability to:
- demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the links between law and ethics in health care
- demonstrate a critical appreciation of the dynamic nature of law and ethics in health care, in terms of its continuing development and the impact of various legal, ethical, moral, economic, political, philosophical, social, and cultural factors on developments in this area
- clearly express and defend positions on a range of issues at the intersection of health care ethics and law in a manner that is both respectful and constructive and acknowledges contrasting perspectives
- research, synthesise, critically analyse, and evaluate complex legal and ethical issues in a healthcare context.
Australasian College of Health Service Managers (ACHSM) members
Australasian College of Health Service Managers (ACHSM) members receive a 15% discount. Provide your ACHSM membership number to receive your discount.
Terms and conditions
We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule the course if we receive insufficient registrations, or if the course leader or venue becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control. Should this occur, we will endeavour to provide participants as much notice as possible. If we need to cancel or reschedule the course, we will pay you a full refund if the substituted dates are not convenient for you.
A cancellation fee of 10% will be charged if you cancel within 14 days or less of the event. All cancellations or variations to registrations must be made in writing to the course coordinator, Dr Fiona McDonald.
If you can't attend the course, you can send someone else in your place at no additional cost. Notify the course coordinator, Dr Fiona McDonald, of any substitutions before the course starts.