Innovation and entrepreneurial thinking are at the forefront of living, working and teaching in the twenty-first century. In today's real world, teachers, school leaders and students need innovative thinking, creativity and the confidence to act on new ideas.
With entrepreneurial thinking skills teachers can put innovative ideas into action in classrooms and in schools to help enhance learning and education and make it relevant in today's world.
Evolve with QUTeX
QUTeX furthers the professional development of educators with real-world learning activities to develop skills relevant to real classrooms. With Innovative Thinking for Teachers and School Leaders, you’ll learn entrepreneurial thinking skills to develop innovations for the classroom.
Relevant to most schools and contexts worldwide, this online module will teach you how to generate an idea that adds value and can be applied to your own teaching practices, school or even by your students as a learning activity.
Who should participate?
This online module has been designed for teachers and educational leaders who want to improve their teaching practice and develop new skills to advance their career. It may also be of interest to edupreneurs and anyone looking to support students in learning entrepreneurial thinking.
For Australian educators, this module aligns with the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST):
- 1.1 Physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of students
- 1.2 Understand how students learn
- 2 Know the content and how to teach it
- 3.1 Establish challenging learning goals
- 3.2 Plan, structure and sequence learning programs
- 3.3 Use teaching strategies
- 3.4 Select and use resources
- 4.1 Support student participation
- 6 Engage in professional learning.