Exceptional teaching staff
Tracey Price, Master of Laws
‘The teaching staff at QUT were exceptional and the faculty offered wonderful support. I have been able to target study areas to suit my lines of practice and build upon my practical knowledge.’
Global recognition for your qualification
We are one of Australia's leading universities, with a global outlook and a real-world focus. Our 50,000 students can be confident their QUT qualification will be well regarded in Australia and overseas.
- a top 300 university in multiple world rankings (Academic Ranking of World Universities, 2016).
- a top 20 university under 50 years old (Times Higher Education, 2017)
- the fastest growing research university in Australia, leading the way with industry links.
Benefit from world-class research
You will benefit from our commitment to being a research-intensive university and our international reputation as an exceptional research institution.
100% of our research was ranked at world standard or above in the Australian Government's Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) assessment process in 2015.
We have strong links with international researchers and research institutions, and our researchers have access to world-class facilities and infrastructure.
Opportunities through industry collaboration
We create our course content in collaboration with top industry professionals to ensure you graduate with a qualification that meets the current and future needs of your profession.
You will be taught by experts in the field and guest lecturers who are connected to industry as researchers and consultants.
Access opportunities for networking with staff, guest lecturers, and a cohort of peers in class, in online forums and at faculty events.
Gain professional experience through workplace projects or study tours in Australia and overseas.
We invest heavily in world-class facilities to provide you with some of the most innovative learning and research spaces in the country including:
- Creative Industries Precinct: an incubator for groundbreaking ideas and creative enterprise, inspiring the next generation of creatives
- Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation (IHBI): a state-of-the-art research facility that fosters excellence in biomedical, health and engineering innovation
- Translational Research Institute (TRI): this Australian-first initiative of ‘bench to bedside’ medical research is a partnership between QUT, the University of Queensland, Mater Medical Research Institute, and Queensland Health
- Science and Engineering Centre: home to our Institute for Future Environments (IFE), our Central Analytical Research Facility and The Cube, one of the world’s largest interactive digital display systems
- Medical Engineering Research Facility (MERF): this facility supports health research advances at the Prince Charles Hospital
- Centre for Children’s Health Research (CCHR): adjacent to Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital, IHBI researchers are collaborating closely with hospital clinicians to progress research.
- Executive Education Centre: the purpose-built centre consists of a series of flexible learning spaces, seminar rooms and networking and meeting spaces.
As a QUT student you will learn from the best. Our award-winning staff have in-depth knowledge of contemporary and emerging teaching practices.
Benefit from extensive support and mentoring. Enjoy rich, supportive relationships with your teachers, facilitators, supervisory team and our research staff.
Personalise your study
Study your way with flexible degrees and electives that allow you to follow your interests. You may be able to segment your course to opt in and out, if needed, or simply select single units of study.
Start midyear, or fast track your professional development through tailored courses or summer program units. Study full time, part time, evenings or online.
HiQ is your place to go for student services, support and general enquiries.
- Phone: 3138 2000
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 2000
Need answers? Take a look at our frequently asked questions at AskQUT.
To start an online chat with us, please make sure pop-ups aren't blocked on your web browser.
Level 3, V Block
Level 2, R Block
Download our postgraduate study guide
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.