What students get
Students who participate in the QUT OZ EX program will:
- build Australian industry work experience
- improve workplace skills, including business etiquette, communication and problem solving
- receive mentoring from an Australian industry professional
- connect with other QUT international students across different study areas and nationalities
- establish industry contacts and build their professional network
- receive a certificate upon successful completion of the program.
4 March - Registration opens
Registration opens to all eligible QUT international students.
3 April - Registration closes
Closing day for all eligible QUT international students to register their interest for the QUT OZ EX program.
May - Successful candidates notified
An email will be sent to all successful candidates for the QUT OZ EX program.
21 June - Preparation seminar
Successful candidates attend a mandatory preparation briefing seminar prior to undertaking the QUT OZ EX program.
24-28 June - Industry project
Candidates undertake their week-long QUT OZ EX project at the allocated industry partner.
3 July - QUT OZ EX Showcase
Successful candidates receive their completion certificate. Teams will also present and reflect on their experience.
Nicole Mei - Engineering student
'I got to experience daily work life in Brisbane, and the confidence I built helped me to get a local job.'
For enquiries about the program and how your students can get involved, contact us.