Health services

As long as you're in Australia on a student visa, you must have valid Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). You need to organise this cover Overseas Student Health Cover before you come to Australia. You can renew and pay for your OSHC online or by mail.

You will have access to healthcare through your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

Health services refund

To get a refund from your OSHC provider for any doctor's fees or prescription medication, you must submit a claim form and your original receipts. Contact your OSHC provider for more information.

Medibank Private

Representatives from Medibank Private, our recommended OSHC provider, are on campus at:

  • Gardens Point - Student Centre, X Block, Level 1
  • Kelvin Grove - Student Centre, F Block, Level 6.






9am-12pm, Gardens Point

9.30am-4.30pm, Kelvin Grove



9am-12pm, Gardens Point

1pm-4pm, Kelvin Grove

Our health services

The QUT Medical Centre provides quality health and medical services, information and advice to QUT students and staff. Our aim is to give our clients a better understanding of all aspects of their health and wellbeing.

You must bring your student ID and your OSHC card to all appointments. International students who are currently enrolled at QUT are billed directly to their Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Norwegian and Swedish students are expected to pay for their consultation on the same day and then claim reimbursement from their government.

Services offered:

  • general medicine
  • men's and women's health
  • travel medicine
  • lifestyle support
  • immunisations
  • sexual health checks
  • skin checks
  • mental health support.

We can also provide health information for:

  • adolescent and young adult issues
  • sexual health and family planning
  • alcohol, drugs, and tobacco
  • eating issues and nutrition

QUT Health Clinics also offers free or low-cost appointments in:

  • exercise and movement
  • nutrition and dietetics
  • optometry
  • podiatry
  • psychology and counselling

Hospitals and emergencies

If you have an emergency you can either:

  • call 000 for an ambulance
  • go to the emergency department of a hospital.

Check whether your OSHC covers hospital treatment.

Your OSHC should cover the cost of your accommodation and the standard fee for your treatment in a public hospital. Your OSHC will cover some of the cost of treatment in a private hospital, but you will have to pay some excess.

Stay connected

Please wait…

Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.