Step 1: Find a course
Look for a course you want to study. You can apply for up to six courses at once on your QTAC application in order of preference.
Step 2: Submit your application
Submit your application through the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC).
If you have completed or are due to complete Year 12 at an Australian high school this year and are applying to start at QUT in Semester 1 next year, you should apply through QTAC by 31 December 2017.
If you have not applied through QTAC by 31 December 2017, or if you are an Australian high school graduate from a previous year, you should apply directly to QUT by completing an application for admission as an international student form (F Form) (PDF file, 250.06 KB).
Step 3: Receive your offer
We will email a conditional offer for your highest nominated QUT course directly to you or your agent from as early as August 2017. Hold on to your offer letter until you receive your final Year 12 results as you will require the letter to accept your QUT offer.
Step 4: Check course requirements
Academic entry is based on the following:
- Your OP, rank, International Baccalaureate score or interstate results
- Prerequisite school subjects
- Some courses may also require a portfolio, interview or audition. Refer to courses with additional entry requirements.
Once you have received your Year 12 results, refer to the 2017 or 2018 acceptance thresholds below and check that you meet the course requirements:
English language requirements
You must meet the minimum English language entry requirements for your course by achieving one of the following:
- completing all semesters in Authority Senior English or English for ESL Learners (or interstate equivalent) and obtaining an overall score of Sound Achievement (for undergraduate degree courses)
- achieving the required grade in either IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic), or Cambridge English (Advanced or Proficiency). To check the English requirements for your course, refer to the list of language requirements by study area.
- completing International Baccalaureate (IB) English A1 (pass) or English (Grade of 4 or above)
Step 5: Accepting your offer
Accepting your offer
If you have met the conditions of your offer, you can now finalise your acceptance by following the instructions below:
- Make your acceptance payment as outlined in your offer letter
- Submit all required forms attached with your offer letter: acceptance of offer form, student declaration form, and Under 18 guardianship form (if you are under 18). Acceptance documentations can be emailed to international admissions.
Step 6: What happens next?
When your acceptance is finalised, we will issue you your electronic confirmation of enrolment (CoE) document. Refer to the following links for further information on the remaining steps:
How can I change to a different course or request a pathway/packaged offer?
To change courses or request a pathway offer, email international admissions and let us know your request. We will reassess your application.
What happens if I am unable to meet the 2017 OP or rank thresholds?
If you do not meet the 2017 OP and rank thresholds, here are some options:
- 2018 thresholds: The 2018 thresholds are now available. The OP and rank requirements for some courses have changed. As international students, you can use either 2017 thresholds or the new 2018 thresholds to check that you meet the entry requirements
- Pathway options: QUT International College offers admission pathways for international students who do not meet degree entry requirements. To request a revised pathway offer, email international admissions.
- Other admission pathways: If you can't get into the course you want, you can choose another degree that you do meet the entry requirements for and complete one year of study. At the end of the first year (completion of 8 subjects with grades of at least pass) your selection rank score will equate to 93 (equivalent to OP 5) improving your chances in meeting the entry requirements of your intended course.
If you are unsure or require further advice, contact our international high school student enquiries team.
What happens if I don't meet the English requirements for my course?
If you meet the academic entry requirement, but do not meet the English language requirement, you can take the IELTS test or other approved English language tests to prove your English ability. To check the IELTS requirements for your course, refer to the list of language requirements by study area.
QUT International College offers English pathway programs for international students who do not meet degree English entry requirements. To request an English pathway offer, email international admissions and attach a copy of your English language test result.
Am I eligible for an adjustment to my selection rank?
If you are eligible for our QUT Year 12 Subject Scheme, your adjustment will automatically be awarded.
I didn't receive an OP score - am I eligible for QUT courses?
If you did not receive an OP score or selection rank, you may still be eligible for one of our admission pathways. Email our international high school student enquiries team for more information.
- Postal address:
Victoria Park Road
Kelvin Grove, QLD, 4059
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.