This course is only available to international students
- Pathway into the QUT Bachelor of Business undergraduate courses for students who do not meet the academic and/or language requirements.
- Successful students are guaranteed a place in the second year of QUT Bachelor of Business.
- Study professional communication and a range of business units.
|QUT course code||BS40|
|Course duration||1 year full-time
Note: Duration is 2 Semesters
2014 & 2015
February, June, October
Note: This course has been retitled 'Diploma in Business' effective from 1st January, 2015 with a CRICOS code of 081618F.
Other courses you may be interested in
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology)/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Creative and Professional Writing)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Games and Interactive Entertainment
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Journalism
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Media and Communication
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Exercise and Movement Science/ Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Business
- Diploma in Business
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Professional Accounting)
- Master of Business (Accounting)
- Master of Business (Applied Finance)
- Master of Business (Human Resource Management)
- Master of Business (Integrated Marketing Communication)
- Master of Business (International Business)
- Master of Business (Management)
- Master of Business (Marketing)
- Master of Business (Professional Accounting)
- Master of Business (Public Relations)
- Master of Business (Strategic Advertising)
- Master of Business/Master of Business
Progression to the Bachelor of Business
International students who do not satisfy the entry requirements for direct entry to QUT’s Bachelor of Business may seek an alternative entry pathway through a Diploma in Business from the QUT International College at our Kelvin Grove campus.
Small lectures and tutorials, additional workshops and the support of language and welfare advisers provide an excellent learning environment. Classrooms are equipped with technology for delivery of modern teaching methods.
The course is equivalent to the first year of QUT’s Bachelor of Business. You will gain credit (advanced standing) should you be accepted into the Bachelor of Business.
You must successfully complete your diploma, achieve a grade point average of at least 4 (on a 7-point scale) and a grade of 4 (pass) in the unit Business Communication 2, in order to progress to the second year of the Bachelor of Business at QUT.
Key course dates
Check the important dates for this course.
You will complete six of the business core units as well as two units of communication.
Diploma in Business units
- Global Business
- Working in Business
- Professional Communication 1
- Professional Communication 2
Extension English Sessions
For first-semester students, these sessions take place during weeks two to eight. Other QUTIC students in University Entry Programs may join the sessions, if their timetable permits. The aims of Extension English are to improve the student’s English language proficiency in speaking, listening and overall writing ability in a relaxed environment.
In addition to developing these language skills, students have the opportunity to discuss cultural issues and ask questions about studying at university.
All course structures
Minimum academic requirements
Still not sure if you meet the entry requirements? Contact us.
Don't meet the academic requirements? We can help!
Did you complete secondary school in Australia?
Guide to entry cut-offs
You must have achieved this study at a level comparable to Australian Year 12 or in recognised post-secondary studies.
Minimum English language requirements
Students must meet the English proficiency requirements.
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)|
Haven't completed an IELTS test?
Don't have the English language score you need? We can help!
We offer courses to improve your English and help you gain entry to this course.
When you apply for this course, we'll recommend which English course you should enrol in.
Haven't completed an English language test? We can help!
You can complete an IELTS test at our Kelvin Grove campus.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
2015: $9,036 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
How to apply for Diploma in Business
You're ready to apply if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3
- Checked important dates
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked costs and scholarships
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Gathered supporting documents
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.