Change to view Australian and NZ students' course information. You are viewing international students' course information.
- Study web design, interactive media, interface design, visual communication, motion graphics and interaction design.
- Opportunities to design for electronic media, web technologies, games and physical computing, for personal and mobile platforms, and public installations.
- Take your career into new and emerging technologies.
- Prepare for new roles such as Web Designer, Information Designer, and Experience Designer in emerging areas like multiplatform interactive entertainment, multimedia installation production, and games design.
- Create a portfolio of individual design work and collaborate on industry-based team projects.
- Opportunities to work on projects at The Cube, QUT’s new state-of-the-art public digital interactive learning and display space.
|QUT course code||KK88|
|Course duration||1.5 years full-time|
|Start month||2014 & 2015 February, July|
Other courses you may be interested in
Visual and interaction design plays a pivotal role in the rapidly expanding fields of contemporary communication and new technologies.
This course is targeted at mid-career professionals looking to immerse themselves in creative practice or to convert existing knowledge through engagement with new media theories and practices.
Why choose this course?
You can choose units that contribute to your design interests and career progression from web design, interactive media, interface design, visual communication, motion graphics and interaction design. QUT’s internationally recognised teaching staff will help you to develop practical techniques and skills and graduate with enhanced creative industries networks.
Studio-based teaching replicates the real world by providing opportunities for you to apply your knowledge and skills in practical settings and encouraging you to interact with others to solve design problems.
You'll create a portfolio of individual design work and collaborate on industry-based team projects, as well as have opportunities to work on projects at The Cube, QUT’s new state-of-the-art public digital interactive learning and display space.
Careers in this area provide opportunities to design for electronic and print media, web and mobile technologies, games and physical computing, for personal and mobile platforms, and public installations, as well as for new technologies as they continue to emerge. Prepare for new roles such as web designer, information designer, and experience designer in emerging areas like multiplatform interactive entertainment, multimedia installation production, and games design.
A completed recognised Bachelor Degree (or higher award) in an interactive and visual design field or relevant discipline with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (on QUT's 7 point scale).
Relevant disciplines include interactive visual design, creative and/or production arts management, Fine Arts, Creative Industries, Design, Mass Communication.
Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries Pathway
Minimum English language requirements
Students must meet the English proficiency requirements.
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)|
Haven't completed an IELTS test?
Don't have the English language score you need? We can help!
We offer courses to improve your English and help you gain entry to this course.
When you apply for this course, we'll recommend which English course you should enrol in.
Haven't completed an English language test? We can help!
You can complete an IELTS test at our Kelvin Grove campus.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
2015: $12,900 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
How to apply for Master of Creative Industries (Interactive and Visual Design)
You're ready to apply if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3
- Checked important dates
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked costs and scholarships
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Gathered supporting documents
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.