Change to view Australian and NZ students' course information. You are viewing international students' course information.
- Complete 1 semester of coursework in research skill development before undertaking a 12-month research program, culminating in a thesis of approximately 50,000 words.
- Opportunities to enter the PhD program.
- Complete in 2-3 semesters full-time or 4-6 semesters part-time.
|QUT course code||BS92|
|Course duration||1.5 years full-time|
|Start month||2014 & 2015 February, July|
Other courses you may be interested in
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology)/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business (Dean's Honours)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Business - International
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Creative and Professional Writing)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Drama)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Interactive and Visual Design)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Games and Interactive Entertainment
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Journalism
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Media and Communication
- Bachelor of Exercise and Movement Science/ Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Business
- Diploma in Business
- Graduate Diploma in Business (Research) (Human Resource Management)
- Graduate Diploma in Business (Research) (International Business)
- Graduate Diploma in Business (Research) (Management)
- Master of Business (Human Resource Management)
- Master of Business (Management)
- Master of Business (Research) (Entrepreneurship and Innovation)
- Master of Business (Research) (Management)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business/Master of Business
- Master of Engineering Management
- Master of Project Management
The Master of Business (Research) trains students in research methodology techniques and critical evaluation appropriate to their field of study through a specified program of research under academic supervision.
In addition, you are trained in analysing both the literature and debate in the substantive areas of the thesis topic at an advanced level. It may also provide an entry point to a PhD program.
Students wishing to enrol in July should contact the Research Studies Office in the QUT Business School for enrolment advice and course progression details.
For entry without an Honours degree, students must complete four approved coursework units (48 credit points) and a dissertation (96 credit points) as per the program of study for this major.
For entry with an Honours degree students must complete a dissertation (96 credit points).
Mid-year entry students
Students wishing to enrol in July should contact the Research Support Office in the QUT Business School on 3138 1407 or firstname.lastname@example.org for enrolment advice and course progression details.
Under the umbrella of Human Resources Management, students may also be able to undertake a thesis in Employee Relations.
The QUT Research Student Centre enrols all research students. Any questions regarding enrolment can be directed to the Research Studies Office in the QUT Business School on 3138 1407 or email@example.com
All course structures
If applicants have an Honours degree (at level 2B or better) it must be relevant to the chosen discipline for the Master of Business (Research); or if applicants are entering from a pass degree, their undergraduate degree must include a major in an approved area, plus a grade point average of 5.5 or more on a 7 point scale; or applicants can present a case based on evidence of qualifications that demonstrates the applicants capacity to pursue the course of study.
In addition to assessing qualifications, the QUT Business School must also be satisfied that adequate supervision and resources are available to support the applicants proposed research.
Research Proposal - the application for admission to the Master of Business (Research) must include details of the proposed research project.
Minimum English language requirements
Students must meet the English proficiency requirements.
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)|
Haven't completed an IELTS test?
Don't have the English language score you need? We can help!
We offer courses to improve your English and help you gain entry to this course.
When you apply for this course, we'll recommend which English course you should enrol in.
Haven't completed an English language test? We can help!
You can complete an IELTS test at our Kelvin Grove campus.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
2015: $13,000 per Study Period (full-time) (subject to annual review)
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
How to apply for Master of Business (Research) (Human Resource Management)
You apply directly to QUT for all our research degrees.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you have:
- Looked at our research areas
- Selected your degree
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked if you're eligible for a scholarship
- Agreed on a supervisor with your faculty
- Discussed your options and developed your topic
- Written your research proposal
- Gathered your supporting documents
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.