Change to view Australian and NZ students' course information. You are viewing international students' course information.
- The Creative Industries Faculty is a national leader in language, communication and cultural research.
For information on practice-led research, please visit the Master of Fine Arts (Research) course page.
|QUT course code||KK51|
|Course duration||1.5 years full-time
3 years part-time
|Start month||2014 February, July|
The Master of Arts (Research) provides an opportunity to conduct research in relation to creative and professional practice. The program is an important building block in the higher degree research domain.
The Master of Arts (Research) is comprised of coursework units and a research project. Students with a three-year qualified entry will need to complete two additional complementary study units.
Master of Arts (Research) candidates have completed projects drawn from commissioned research, industry placements and workplace-related research projects. The program is also suited to practice-led research initiatives.
For applicants with a three-year degree, the Master of Arts (Research) comprises 48 credit points of coursework and a 96-credit-point research project. For those with a four-year degree, the program normally comprises a 96-credit-point research project only.
Depending on the nature of your project, the research component may be undertaken either as a research thesis of 30 000 words, or as a creative practice-based project with a written component of 7000-10 000 words.
Creative practice-led projects may include:
- a significant creative work such as a live performance or music composition
- a work of fiction or non-fiction
- a script or production for film, television or live performance
- a multimedia script or production
- projects commissioned by industry, government and community organisations
- workplace-related projects.
Three-year qualified entry requirement:
- A relevant three-year bachelor degree, normally with a minimum grade point average of 5.5 (on a 7-point scale).
Four-year qualified entry requirement:
- A relevant four-year bachelor degree with honours, or
- A relevant three-year bachelor degree plus a recent graduate diploma or equivalent.
Minimum English language requirements
Students must meet the English proficiency requirements.
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)|
Haven't completed an IELTS test?
Don't have the English language score you need? We can help!
We offer courses to improve your English and help you gain entry to this course.
When you apply for this course, we'll recommend which English course you should enrol in.
Haven't completed an English language test? We can help!
You can complete an IELTS test at our Kelvin Grove campus.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
2014: $12,000 per Study Period (full-time) (subject to annual review)
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
How to apply for Master of Arts (Research)
You apply directly to QUT for all our research degrees.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you have:
- Looked at our research areas
- Selected your degree
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked if you're eligible for a scholarship
- Agreed on a supervisor with your faculty
- Discussed your options and developed your topic
- Written your research proposal
- Gathered your supporting documents
All done? Then you're ready to apply.