Change to view Australian and NZ students' course information. You are viewing international students' course information.
- Prepare for role as manager in chosen health field.
- Graduate eligible for membership of the Australian College of Health Service Executives (ACHSE) and the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA).
- Complete in 2 semesters full-time or 4 semesters part-time.
- Flexible study options - on campus or externally.
|QUT course code||PU63|
|Course duration||1 year full-time|
|Start month||2015 & 2016 February, July|
Other courses you may be interested in
- Bachelor of Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Public Health
- Bachelor of Public Health
- Graduate Certificate in Chronic Health Conditions
- Graduate Certificate in Health Science
- Graduate Diploma in Health Management
- Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Graduate Diploma in Public Health
- Master of Applied Science (Research)
- Master of Health Management
- Master of Health, Safety and Environment
- Master of Public Health
This program is ideal for clinicians interested in an executive career in health care.
The Graduate Diploma in Health Management provides students with an in-depth understanding of the underlying principles of health management. Graduates can pursue a managerial position within their chosen health field.
Health service managers are responsible for the business of health care. Their skills are used to develop strategies to maximise the efficient and effective delivery of health services in a diverse range of health settings. Health is a global industry and graduates have a range of employment options in both the public and private sector and an opportunity to make an important contribution to the future of health services nationally and internationally. Health services practitioners work as health service or health administration managers or officers, project officers, health insurance workers, and human resource managers.
Our graduates have been employed in government health departments, hospitals, public and private divisions of general practice, health insurance agencies, community health centres and universities.
This program is accredited with the Australasian College of Health Service Management and is designed to meet the accreditation requirements of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA).
RACMA accreditation will allow graduates of the Masters program who are medical degree graduates to meet the entry requirement for RACMA Fellowship. The Fellowship is a nationally recognised specialist qualification.
The Graduate Diploma in Health Management articulates into the Master of Health Management.
The Graduate Diploma in Health Management comprises a mix of core units and elective units selected from specialist study areas.
A completed recognised Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline area.
Minimum English language requirements
Students must meet the English proficiency requirements.
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)|
Haven't completed an IELTS test?
Don't have the English language score you need? We can help!
We offer courses to improve your English and help you gain entry to this course.
When you apply for this course, we'll recommend which English course you should enrol in.
Haven't completed an English language test? We can help!
You can complete an IELTS test at our Kelvin Grove campus.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
2015: $13,400 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
How to apply for Graduate Diploma in Health Management
You're ready to apply if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3
- Checked important dates
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked costs and scholarships
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Gathered supporting documents
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.