This course is only available to international students
- Suitable for students at a range of English levels commencing at Elementary.
- Develop the core skills of reading, writing, speaking, and listening while increasing fluency and accuracy.
- Develop confidence to communicate successfully both socially and professionally.
- Prepares students for QUT Academic English programs (EAP 1 or EAP 2).
|QUT course code||QE45|
|Course duration||45 weeks full-time|
|Start month||2018 & 2019 November, October, August, July, May, April, March, February, January|
|Enquiries||Ask a question about this course|
To progress to an English for Academic Purposes program (EAP 1 or EAP 2), you will need to provide the required IELTS result (or equivalent) or pass the on campus EAP entry test.
All course structures
Additional entry requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this course. You’ll take a placement test on your first day to determine which level of English class you should be studying.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. We review fees annually.
2019: $2,185 per study period + $175 non-refundable enrolment fee (subject to annual review)
2018: $2,100 per study period + $175 non-refundable enrolment fee (subject to annual review)
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
How to apply for General English Program (45 Weeks)
English program only
If you want to study only an English language program, you must:
- Meet the entry requirements.
- Complete the English Language Programs application form (PDF file, 82.89 KB).
- Email your application form to the QUT International College at QUTIC English Language Programs.
English program and a QUT course
If you want to combine your QUTIC English language program with a QUT degree course, you must apply directly to QUT for the course you want to study.
We will tell you which English program you need to study before you can start your QUT degree course.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.