This course is only available to international students
- Provides pathway into selected health programs including behavioural science, nutrition science, social work, human services, and public health.
- Develop academic and English language skills for successful study in range of health degrees.
- Graduates may receive credit for prior learning (advanced standing) into selected health undergraduate degrees.
|QUT course code||HL10|
|Course duration||1 year full-time|
2018 & 2019
February, June, October
Note: 2 semesters (February, June and October); and 3 semesters (February only)
|Enquiries||Ask a question about this course|
Other courses you may be interested in
QUT's Diploma in Health Science (Health Studies) is a pathway into a range of QUT undergraduate health programs including Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology), Bachelor of Nutrition Science, Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of Human Services, Bachelor of Public Health.
- Develop English language skills and progress without the need to take another IELTS test.
- On completion with the required results, receive a guaranteed place in your chosen degree with credit for prior learning (advanced standing).
- Study first year academic content.
- Receive additional academic and language support providing a smooth transition into the Faculty of Health.
- Benefit from an interactive learning environment, with small classes and more contact hours.
- Study on campus as a QUT student with access to services and facilities across the university.
Progression to your related bachelor course
To progress into your chosen degree program you will need to:
- successfully complete your diploma with a minimum GPA of at least 4.0
- obtain a minimum grade of 4 in Academic Communication 1 and 2.
Course progression and advanced standing
You are eligible for 48 credit points of advanced standing into the following programs:
You are eligible for 24 credit points of advanced standing into the following programs:
You are eligible for 12 credit points of advanced standing into the following program:
- Bachelor of Nutrition Science (Students progressing into the Bachelor of Nutrition Science must have Maths B and Chemistry from senior high school or equivalent for entry into the Diploma)
Key course dates
Check the important dates for this course.
All course structures
Minimum academic requirements
I did not complete secondary school in Australia
Select the country where you completed your studies to see a guide to the grades you need to apply for this course.
If your country or qualification is not listed, you can still apply for this course and we will assess your eligibility.
Don't meet the academic requirements? We can help!
We offer pathway courses to help you meet the academic requirements for this course.
When you apply for this course, we will recommend which pathway course you should enrol in.
I completed secondary school in Australia
Guide to entry cut-offs
These cut-offs are based on the previous application period. The actual cut-offs may be higher or lower.
- OP 14
- Rank 70
Minimum English language requirements
We accept English language proficiency scores from a variety of tests. If you completed a test that was not IELTS, check which English language test scores we accept.
You must have taken your test no more than 2 years before your QUT course starts.
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)|
Don't have the English language score you need? We can help!
We offer English language courses to improve your English and help you gain entry to this course.
When you apply for this course, we will recommend which English course you should enrol in.
Haven't completed an English language test? We can help!
If you have not completed an English language test, you can sit the IELTS test at our IELTS test centre.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. We review fees annually, and they may be subject to increases.
2019: $13,520 per study period (48 credit points) based on four units (subject to annual review)
2018: $13,000 per study period (48 credit points) based on four units (subject to annual review)
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
How to apply for Diploma in Health Science (Health Studies)
You're ready to apply if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3
- Checked important dates
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked costs and scholarships
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Gathered supporting documents
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.