Change to view Australian and NZ students' course information. You are viewing international students' course information.
- Study current issues in music and sound practice.
- Develop practical skills in music and sound production.
- Gain experience and contacts in your industry through professional industry placements and projects.
- Choose independent study options where you can design and implement new creative work.
|QTAC course code||421512|
|QUT course code||KM32|
|Course duration||3 years full-time|
|Start month||2015 & 2016 February|
Other courses you may be interested in
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Honours)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Human Services
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours)
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Music (Honours)
- Doctor of Creative Industries (Research)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Hosted by Creative Industries Faculty)
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries
- Master of Arts (Research)
- Master of Creative Industries
- Master of Creative Industries (Interdisciplinary)
- Master of Fine Arts (Research)
Why choose this course?
You will start by learning about the fundamentals of sound and music technology and how to use them creatively to achieve artistic results. You will also begin to develop an awareness of sound as a storytelling tool. While you do not need to have traditional music skills, you will work alongside Bachelor of Music students, learning how sound is organised musically and about the dynamics of performance and presentation as they apply to sound design.
To develop a unique set of ‘crossover’ sound skills you will build on the foundation studies of your first year, having a chance to pursue the pathway that best suits your future needs. You will have options to work in the fields of sound design for visual and interactive media, immersive entertainment and the recording studio.
You will deepen your skills in sound design and production, mentored by staff and industry professionals. You will have opportunities to showcase yourself to industry through a series of creative production opportunities. You will learn about both the existing and emerging industry and have the opportunity to undertake practical projects with other talented creative artists and designers both inside and outside the University with real production outcomes.
Minimum English language requirements
Students must meet the English proficiency requirements.
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)|
Haven't completed an IELTS test?
Don't have the English language score you need? We can help!
We offer courses to improve your English and help you gain entry to this course.
When you apply for this course, we'll recommend which English course you should enrol in.
Haven't completed an English language test? We can help!
You can complete an IELTS test at our Kelvin Grove campus.
Additional entry requirements
- Successful audition; and
- Completion of Australian Year 12 or comparable qualification.
There are no closing dates for international applicants. We encourage you to apply as soon as you decide on the course you wish to study, to help you with visa requirements.
Please send the following documents along with your F Form to QUT. You may post or e-mail your application.
- All documents requested on the F Form
- A resume or curriculum vitae, no more than two pages
- Evidence of your highest musical qualification (e.g. AMEB theory examination results, review of performances, etc)
- If presenting recorded pieces, written notes explaining your role in the creation, how you created and your aims in creating the recorded piece/s
- A YouTube link/DVD of your audition submission and video statement if you are unable to attend an audition
Please send copies only – documents will not be returned.
Audition locations and dates
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
There are requirements that you will need to meet as a student in this course. Information is available from the Additional course requirements and costs website.
2015: $12,000 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
You'll need to pay some costs on top of your course fees.
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
How to apply for Bachelor of Music
You're ready to apply if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3
- Checked important dates
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked costs and scholarships
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Gathered supporting documents
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.