Change to view Australian and NZ students' course information. You are viewing international students' course information.
- Combine your professional health knowledge with superior communication skills and proficiency with media technologies.
- Complete 2 separate degrees in 4 years full-time.
- Study the distribution of creative content in new media, television, radio, print, internet, mobile technologies, advertising, and public relations.
- Prepares you for careers including health and nutrition writers, health promotion officer and educators, health print and online editors, or marketer and manager in nutritional product promotion.
- Study community nutrition, general studies in psychology, counselling, health education, Indigenous health, health science and women’s health.
|QTAC course code||429512|
|QUT course code||IX70|
|Course duration||4 years full-time|
|Start month||2014 & 2015 February|
Other courses you may be interested in
- Bachelor of Business (Advertising)
- Bachelor of Business (Public Relations)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Media and Communication
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Media and Communication
- Bachelor of Media and Communication (Honours)
- Master of Business (Integrated Marketing Communication)
- Master of Business (Public Relations)
Why choose this course?
Health professionals with superior communication skills and the ability to use the power of media technologies will make significant contributions to improving quality of life, both locally and internationally. In this course you will examine innovative ways to promote healthy lifesyle choices and prevent diet-related disease through mass communication.
This degree will prepare you to enjoy a number of careers including health and nutrition writer, nutritional health promotion officer and educator, or marketer and manager in nutritional product promotion.
Graduates are eligible for associate membership of the Dietitians Association of Australian and membership of Public Health Association of Australia and the Australian Health Promotion Association.
There are requirements that you will need to meet as a student in this course. You will need to identify these requirements and ensure you allow sufficient time to meet them.
Some of these requirements have associated costs. Information is available from the Additional course requirements and costs website.
Minimum academic requirements
Still not sure if you meet the entry requirements? Contact us.
Don't meet the academic requirements? We can help!
Did you complete secondary school in Australia?
Guide to entry cut-offs
- Maths B
You must have achieved this study at a level comparable to Australian Year 12 or in recognised post-secondary studies.
Minimum English language requirements
Students must meet the English proficiency requirements.
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)|
Haven't completed an IELTS test?
Don't have the English language score you need? We can help!
We offer courses to improve your English and help you gain entry to this course.
When you apply for this course, we'll recommend which English course you should enrol in.
Haven't completed an English language test? We can help!
You can complete an IELTS test at our Kelvin Grove campus.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
There are requirements that you will need to meet as a student in this course. Some of these requirements have associated costs. Information is available from the Additional course requirements and costs website.
2015: $12,800 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
How to apply for Bachelor of Media and Communication/Bachelor of Nutrition Science
You're ready to apply if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3
- Checked important dates
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked costs and scholarships
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Gathered supporting documents
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.