Change to view Australian and NZ students' course information. You are viewing international students' course information.
- Explore your artistic practice in an open-studio environment, encouraging self-directed investigation.
- Opportunity to study a cross-disciplinary approach to explore your art practice across a range of media.
- Experience study in both studio practice and art history.
- Prepares you to work as a professional artist, curator, creative director, visual designer or arts manager.
|QTAC course code||421782|
|QUT course code||KK34|
|Course duration||3 years full-time|
|Start month||2014 & 2015 February|
Other courses you may be interested in
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Honours)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts)
- Doctor of Creative Industries (Research)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Hosted by Creative Industries Faculty)
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries
- Master of Arts (Research)
- Master of Creative Industries
- Master of Fine Arts (Research)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Creative and Professional Writing)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Drama)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Interactive and Visual Design)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Creative and Professional Writing)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
Why choose this course?
You will focus on beginning to develop your own art practice, working with a variety of media. Staff will help you develop your own interests and ideas. Introductory workshops will be provided in both digital and traditional art-making skills and you will also develop skills in visual analysis. You will be introduced to a wide range of art practices both in the studio and in history/theory classes.
Building on your skills and knowledge from your first year, you will continue to develop your art practice using a range of media and your knowledge of contemporary art. Your skills in visual and textual analysis will develop, as will your understanding of national and international art. You will contextualise your art practice through presentations, discussions and supported practical experience in display and exhibition. If you want to become a teacher or art professional, you will begin undertaking specific vocational training towards your career goal.
In your final year, you will continue to consolidate your art practice and build your understanding of its place in the Australian and international context. For those intending to become practising artists, the year will culminate in a public group exhibition. Your final year of study will allow for specialisation, helping you enter the real world of the arts industry or in honours and postgraduate research.
Minimum English language requirements
Students must meet the English proficiency requirements.
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)|
Haven't completed an IELTS test?
Don't have the English language score you need? We can help!
We offer courses to improve your English and help you gain entry to this course.
When you apply for this course, we'll recommend which English course you should enrol in.
Haven't completed an English language test? We can help!
You can complete an IELTS test at our Kelvin Grove campus.
Additional entry requirements
- Successful portfolio and interview; and
- Completion of Australian Year 12 or comparable qualification
There are no closing dates for international applicants. We encourage you to apply as soon as you decide on the course you wish to study, to help you with visa requirements.
Please send the following documents along with your F Form to QUT. You may post or e-mail your application.
- All documents requested on the F Form
- Portfolio of your work
Please send copies only – documents will not be returned.
Interview Locations and Dates
International applicants are encouraged to attend an interview. Interviews will be conducted on Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 November 2014: H block, Level 3, Ring Road, QUT Kelvin Grove Campus. Please nominate your preferred date on your application. If you are unable to attend an interview, we will arrange a telephone interview.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
2015: $12,700 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
How to apply for Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts)
You're ready to apply if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3
- Checked important dates
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked costs and scholarships
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Gathered supporting documents
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.