Change to view Australian and NZ students' course information. You are viewing international students' course information.
- Designed for aspiring dancers who enjoy a challenge and are passionate about a career as a dancer.
- Intensive daily training in the core techniques of ballet and contemporary dance, weekly duo, pas de deux, pointe, male coaching classes, Pilates, yoga and alternative dance and body conditioning styles - making you internationally competitive.
- Access to professional global networks and internationally recognised dance specialists.
- Experience at least one Australian or international tour.
- Secondment opportunities to major Australian companies and organisations.
- Opportunities for international exchange programs.
|QTAC course code||421822|
|QUT course code||KK34|
|Course duration||3 years full-time|
|Start month||2014 & 2015 February|
Other courses you may be interested in
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Honours)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Human Services
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance Performance)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours)
- Doctor of Creative Industries (Research)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Hosted by Creative Industries Faculty)
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries
- Master of Arts (Research)
- Master of Fine Arts (Research)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Creative and Professional Writing)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Drama)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Interactive and Visual Design)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts)
Why choose this course?
Your first year provides a solid grounding in your practice as a dance artist. Your technique studies will commence in our Transitional Training Program, with a broad range of physical, technical and psychological approaches including core techniques classes in ballet and contemporary, showcasing your skills in two major performance seasons, and fundamentals of choreography. Studies of anatomy, conditioning, dance history and dance analysis will contextualise your practice.
You will continue to refine your technique and performance skills with performance opportunities in industry-relevant settings. You will advance your choreographic practice, learn to teach dance in a range of contexts, and acquire skills in portfolio and showreel preparation, applying for funding, collaborative networking, personal development, performance psychology and health management. Aesthetics and practices of current cutting-edge performance and choreography will be contextualised.
You will acquire technical and interpretive skills to transition into the dance profession. You will engage with practising professional dance artists, feature in performance showcases, undertake secondments, and have the opportunity to perform on tour in Australia or overseas. You will tailor your course to your career aspirations through your electives.
Minimum English language requirements
Students must meet the English proficiency requirements.
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)|
Haven't completed an IELTS test?
Don't have the English language score you need? We can help!
We offer courses to improve your English and help you gain entry to this course.
When you apply for this course, we'll recommend which English course you should enrol in.
Haven't completed an English language test? We can help!
You can complete an IELTS test at our Kelvin Grove campus.
Additional entry requirements
- Successful audition; and
- Completion of Australian Year 12 or comparable qualification
There are no closing dates for international applicants. We encourage you to apply as soon as you decide on the course you wish to study, to help you with visa requirements.
Please send the following documents along with your F Form to QUT. You may post or e-mail your application.
- All documents requested on the F Form
- A resume or curriculum vitae, no more than two pages
- A 4” x 6” full length body shot facing front in parallel standing position in leotard and tights or swim suit (no board shorts)
- A 4” x 6” full length body shot facing the side in parallel standing position in leotard and tights or swim suit (no board shorts)
- Tertiary Dance Council Personal Statement
- Tertiary Dance Council Physiotherapist Examination Report
- YouTube link/s of your audition submission and video statement if you are unable to attend an audition
Please send copies only – documents will not be returned.
Audition Locations and Dates
International applicants are encouraged to attend an audition as outlined below. Please nominate your preferred date on your application. Applicants who are unable to attend an audition can submit an audition submission and video statement.
Sunday 12 October 2014, 8am – 2pm (Round 1); 2.30pm – 6.00pm (Round 2), O Block, B Wing East, Level 4, QUT Kelvin Grove Campus
Friday 3 October 2014, 9am – 5pm, University of NSW (Kensington Campus) Myers Studio, Gate 2 High Street, Kensington
Saturday 4 October 2014, 8.30am – 5pm, The Australian Ballet School, Level 5, 2 Kavanagh St. Southbank
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
There are requirements that you will need to meet as a student in this course. Information is available from the Additional course requirements and costs website.
2015: $12,700 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
You'll need to pay some costs on top of your course fees.
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
How to apply for Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance Performance)
You're ready to apply if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3
- Checked important dates
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked costs and scholarships
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Gathered supporting documents
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.