Change to view Australian and NZ students' course information. You are viewing international students' course information.
QUT business honours
An honours degree signals to potential employers you are someone with exceptional ability, motivation and commitment to your field. It gives you the chance to integrate the practical and conceptual knowledge gained through your degree.
- Study accountancy, advertising, banking and finance, economics, human resource management, international business, management, marketing or public relations.
- Work with a supervisor to integrate what you’ve learnt in your degree to complete a thesis in your field of study.
- Complete in 2 semesters full-time or 4 semesters part-time.
|QUT course code||BS63|
|Course duration||1 year full-time|
|Start month||2019 February|
|Enquiries||Ask a question about this course|
The Bachelor of Business (Honours) provides high-achieving undergraduate students with analytical, theoretical and empirical skills that differentiate them from other graduates. An honours degree signals to potential employers that you are someone with exceptional ability, motivation and commitment to your field. It gives you the chance to integrate the practical and conceptual knowledge gained through your degree.
As an honours graduate, you can clearly demonstrate an ability to undertake rigorous independent research.
The course is designed for total immersion in academic study for a full-time year. Therefore undertaking the honours course part-time is generally discouraged. Not all schools permit mid-year entry. The structure of the course is such that the coursework units in the first semester logically precede the research thesis, which is largely completed in the second semester.
All course structures
Minimum English language requirements
Select the country where you completed your studies to see a guide on meeting QUT’s English language requirements.
Your scores and prior qualifications in English-speaking countries are considered. Approved English-speaking countries are:
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United States of America
If your country or qualification is not listed, you can still apply for this course and we will assess your eligibility.
We accept English language proficiency scores from the following tests.
|Pearson PTE (Academic)||58||50||50||50||50|
|Cambridge English Advanced (CAE)||176||169||169||169||169|
- TOEFL iBT, IELTS Academic
- Test must be taken within 2 years of commencement at QUT.
- Pearson PTE (Academic)
- Test must be taken within 2 years of commencement at QUT. Please assign your test to QUT in your Pearson profile.
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE)
- Test must be taken within 2 years of commencement at QUT. You must provide your Cambridge English Candidate ID and Candidate Secret Number, these are printed on your Cambridge English Confirmation of Entry.
Don't have the English language score you need? We can help!
We offer English language courses to improve your English and help you gain entry to this course.
When you apply for this course, we will recommend which English course you should enrol in.
Haven't completed an English language test? We can help!
If you have not completed an English language test, you can sit the IELTS test at our IELTS test centre.
Academic entry requirement
A completed bachelor or coursework masters degree that includes a major in the area of intended study or a qualification deemed equivalent. Students must have achieved a grade point average (GPA) of 5.5 or better on a 7-point scale in the relevant degree or other qualifications and experience which is considered by the Executive Dean, QUT Business School to qualify for admission.
Applicants are required to nominate a supervisor and topic before submitting a formal application. Normally applications will be successful only if a supervisor and topic are well matched. The Business School does not guarantee supervision capacity for all topics. Applicants should ensure that there is a genuine fit with the potential supervisor's research interests by looking at the interests of the researchers within the relevant school as stated on the Business School website. The Research Coordinator within each school can also assist with this process.
To assist applicants to find an appropriate supervisor, applicants should:
- Identify supervisor's research interests by looking at the interests of the researchers as described on the Business School website.
- Contact the HDR Admissions Officer within the QUT Business School. This contact should include a transcript of academic records, the topic area which they wish to study, the school in which they wish to undertake their research, and if known, the name of a potential supervisor. The information will be passed onto the nominated school or supervisor.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. We review fees annually, and they may be subject to increases.
2019: $31,600 per year full-time (96 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
How to apply for Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Economics)
You apply directly to QUT for all our honours courses.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you have:
- Checked important dates
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked course costs and if you're eligible for financial support
- Found a supervisor
- Discussed your options and developed your topic
- Written your research proposal
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Collected supporting documents (see application form)
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.