- Applications close
- 28 February 2021
What you'll receive
- payment of your tuition fees for Semester 1 and Semester 2 in 2021
- a $500 study stipend in Semester 1 in 2021.
- be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- provide a confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent form to QUT's Oodgeroo Unit
- have completed Year 12 in 2020
- be applying to start an undergraduate degree at QUT for the first time
- apply for an undergraduate course (including double degrees) in either:
- information technology
- urban development
- start your degree in Semester 1, 2021.
One-year honours degrees are not eligible under this scholarship.
Contact the Oodgeroo Unit if you need help obtaining your confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent form.
How to apply
Part 1: Apply for your course
Apply for an eligible undergraduate course that starts in Semester 1, 2021.
You can apply for the scholarship before you know the outcome of your course application, but you must be offered a place in an eligible course and accept it to receive the scholarship.
Part 2: Apply for the scholarship
To apply for the scholarship, you need to complete and submit the online application form.
You will need to upload evidence of additional material that will support your scholarship application, including:
- academic transcripts from high school, TAFE and/or previous study
- a certified copy of documentation supporting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage; i.e. confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent form
- a current resume or curriculum vitae
- referee statements.
You will also need to provide written responses to support your application. As such, we recommend that you take time to prepare your documentation and written responses prior to submitting your application.
What happens next?
We'll assess your application based on your high school results and application responses.
We will make offers for scholarships via email and post in early March 2021. If your application was unsuccessful, we'll email you after all offers have been accepted.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- maintain an enrolment of at least 36 credit points each semester
- maintain a maximum of 96 credit points overall during the scholarship year
- achieve a grade of 4 or above for all units in the first semester to retain the scholarship for the second semester
- continue your second semester studies directly after the first semester.
- defer your enrolment
- normally hold more than one academic scholarship at QUT through this scholarship period.
Your scholarship may also be terminated if you:
- don't carry out your study competently or diligently
- behave in a manner that warrants disciplinary action
- discontinue from the prescribed course or transfer to another course.
Science and Engineering Faculty
- 3138 8822
- Int. phone
- +61 7 3138 8822
- Level 3, O Podium
- Gardens Point
- 2 George St
- Brisbane QLD
- Postal address
- QUT Science and Engineering Faculty
- GPO Box 2434
- Brisbane QLD 4001