- Applications close
- 26 February 2020
What you'll receive
- payment of your tuition fees for Semesters 1 and 2 in 2020
- a $500 study stipend in Semester 1, 2020.
- be an Indigenous Australian
- provide Confirmation of Aboriginality to QUT's Oodgeroo Unit. If you need help to obtain your Confirmation of Aboriginality, contact the Oodgeroo Unit
- be applying to start an undergraduate degree at QUT for the first time
- apply for an undergraduate course offered by our Science and Engineering Faculty, starting in Semester 1, 2020. This includes 4-year undergraduate courses that include honours.
You can't apply if you're:
- applying for a 1-year honours degree.
How to apply
Part 1: Apply for your course
Apply for an undergraduate degree offered by our Science and Engineering Faculty, to start in Semester 1, 2020.
You can apply for the scholarship before you know the outcome of your course application, but you must be offered a place in an eligible course and accept it to be able to receive the scholarship.
Part 2: Apply for the scholarship
We recommend you apply by email. If you're unable to email your application, you can apply in person.
You need to:
- complete the application form
- complete your answers to the relevant questions (these should be typed)
- sign the declaration
- attach copies of relevant supporting documents.
You must answer all the questions in the requested format.
Submit copies of your supporting documents, not originals. We won't return the documents you submit.
Email your application to the Science and Engineering Scholarships Officer.
Make the subject 'Undergraduate Indigenous Scholarship'.
Bring your application to the Science and Engineering Scholarships Officer.
Mark it: 'Private and confidential. Attention: Undergraduate Indigenous Scholarship'.
What happens next?
We'll assess your application based on your high school results and application responses.
We will make offers for scholarships via email and post in early March 2020. After all offers have been accepted, if your application was unsuccessful we'll email you to let you know.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- maintain an enrolment of at least 36 credit points each semester
- maintain a maximum of 96 credit points overall during the scholarship year
- achieve a grade of 4 or above for all units in the first semester to retain the scholarship for the second semester
- continue your second semester studies directly after the first semester.
- defer your enrolment
- normally hold more than one academic scholarship at QUT through this scholarship period
Your scholarship may also be terminated if you:
- don't carry out your study competently or diligently
- behave in a manner that warrants disciplinary action
- discontinue from the prescribed course or transfer to another course.