- Applications open
- 1 June 2018
- Applications close
- 31 July 2018
What you'll receive
- $3,000 to cover conference registration, flights and accommodation for the industry-relevant course of your choice.
The conference you choose to attend can be within Australia or overseas.
To qualify for the Real Response’s Travel Scholarship you must:
- be a Australian Citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- be a current Undergraduate Paramedic or Nursing student enrolled at an Australian University.
- provide Proof of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage under the following three working criteria:
- being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- identifying as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- being accepted as such by the community in which you live, or formerly lived.
How to apply
Applications are open from 1st June 2018 and closes July 31st 2018.
If you are interested in applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
- Subject line: Name - Travel Scholarship for Indigenous Paramedic and Nursing Students Scholarship 2018 Application
- Your resume – including your full name, address, contact number.
- Official enrolment documentation - the name of the university institution and degree, course you're currently enrolled in.
- Proof of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage – under the three working criteria above.
- Conference proposal - tell us in 500 words or less why attending this conference will be of benefit to your personal and professional development.
After the conference you attend, you will be required to write a report on the key learnings taken from the conference which can be shared on QUT's and Real Response networks for the benefit of other students.
About the scholarship
The Real Response Travel Scholarship for Indigenous Paramedic and Nursing Students provides up to $3,000 AUD for one student per year to assist in covering the costs of attending a conference in relation to their degree.
The purpose of attending the conference should be to assist with the student’s research or professional development. The student does not necessarily have to be presenting a paper or poster at the conference to be eligible to apply for the grant, however it is preferred.
About Real Response
Real Response is a company whose goal has been to fundamentally shift the way this critical information is taught and to capture the attention of our participants through realistic, immersive simulations. This leads into our mission which is
'To prepare people for the realities of emergency situations.'
We are always pushing the boundaries of what is possible and work with product engineers to create effects and props specific to our courses. Our strong network of expert security advisors, firefighters, actors and pyro-technicians provide support and advice when needed.
We are driven by working with exceptional clients who see a real need for equipping people with the skills to make informed decisions in high-stress situations. We are passionate, motivated and creative and by shifting from mundane and disconnected content to realistic and relevant experiences, we have the potential to make a real difference and save lives.