- Applications close
- 20 March 2020
What you'll receive
A scholarship valued at $10,000 per year for up to a maximum of 3 years to assist scholars with tuition and additional expenses throughout the duration of their degree.
We are offering ten scholarships in 2020.
- be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- be commencing a Bachelor of Paramedic Science degree OR a Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedic Science dual degree in Semester 1, 2020
- be enrolled at QUT at the census date
- be studying full time (minimum of three units per semester)
- be studying a Bachelor of Paramedic Science as either a single degree of a double degree with Bachelor of Nursing (i.e. be commencing a Bachelor of Paramedic Science degree OR a Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedic Science dual degree in Semester 1, 2020).
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- complete the QAS Jamie Jackway Paramedic Scholarship application form
- provide proof of Aboriginality and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
What happens next?
A panel will assess and score your application against selection criteria. The panel includes representatives from the QUT Oodgeroo Unit and QAS.
Scholarship recipients will need to enter into a binding agreement with the QUT Oodgeroo Unit, which specifies the conditions of the scholarship. These conditions will require recipient to:
- maintain a 4.0 grade point average
- submit results and confirmation of continued enrolment promptly at the end of each semester
- defer for no more than 12 months during the study period
- maintain active communication with the QUT Oodgeroo Unit throughout the duration of their study
- attend the official scholarship presentation ceremony
- give consent to photographs and video being taken for the purposes of promotional activities including but not limited to media, social media, websites and printed publications for use by QUT and QAS.
About the scholarship
This scholarship is a partnership initiative between the Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) and QUT to financially support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to complete their Bachelor of Paramedic Science degree.
Upon successful completion of their degree, scholars will have the opportunity to undertake a placement in the QAS Graduate Paramedic Program (subject to successful completion of the QAS recruitment process).