- Applications open
- 1 November 2018
- Applications close
- 15 March 2019
What you'll receive
There are 2 scholarships available to be awarded as follows:
- $7,000 each paid over two years ($3,500 per year)
- Semester allocations of $1,750 (paid after Census date)
You'll also have access to non-financial benefits, including:
- QUT Business School’s professional development workshops for students
- mentoring and work experience opportunities with an appropriate business leader, appointed by the Brisbane Lord Mayor’s Office.
- be studying full-time
- have completed at least 96 credit points of a Bachelor of Business degree by January 2019
- have achieved a grade point average (GPA) of at least 4.5 at the time of application
- be from a culturally and linguistically diverse background with at least one parent being born overseas
- be from migrant or refugee background
- preferably speak a language other than English
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- be living in the Brisbane City Council local government region
- be experiencing financial difficulties related to study. Submission of an application for the 2019 QUT Equity Scholarship Scheme and giving permission for your information to be shared with the Business faculty is a pre-requisite of applying for this scholarship*.
* The Lord Mayor's Multicultural Roundtable Scholarship is defined as an equity scholarship. QUT Scholarship Concurrency Rules allow students to hold more than one equity scholarship at a time.
How to apply
- Applications will be invited from students who have been assessed by the QUT Equity Scholarship Scheme for Semester 1, 2019 and who meet the additional eligibility criteria outlined above. These students will receive email directions to download an application guide from the following links:
- Read the advice for scholarship applicants (PDF file, 539.3 KB) to help you write your application.
- Complete your application and send to the QUT Business School Scholarships, Prizes and Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Coordinator by 11.59pm on the due date.
What happens next?
We'll send you an email to let you know that we've received your application.
A panel of representatives from QUT, the Lord Mayor's Office and the Lord Mayor’s Multicultural Roundtable Committee will assess your application. We'll pay particular attention to how well you've addressed the selection criteria.
We'll contact you to let you know if you've been shortlisted. This may take a few weeks.
If you're shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview with the panel. The QUT Business School Scholarships Coordinator will phone you to arrange an interview and confirm the details in writing.
After your interview, we'll let you know if your application is successful. If it is, we'll send you a letter with confirmation and further details.
Successful applicants with one year left on their study program at the time of award will receive a pro-rata payment (total $3,500) spread over two semesters and be expected to participate in a condensed program of offerings. Attendance at Business Advantage sessions and obtaining advice from the Careers team will occur in Semester 1, and undertaking mentoring and internship activities will occur in Semester 2.
Successful applicants with two years left on their study plan at the time of award will receive the full award amount ($7,000) spread over four semesters. Attendance at Business Advantage sessions and obtaining advice from the Careers team will occur in Year 1, and undertaking mentoring and internship activities will occur in Year 2.
About the scholarship
The Lord Mayor's Multicultural Roundtable and QUT Business School proudly support this scholarship. Selection is based on various criteria including academic performance and economic or personal need.