- Applications close
- 8 March 2019
What you'll receive
- $10,000 over two years, paid as:
- $5,000 HECS-HELP exemption (across second or third year)
- $5,000 study or career transition stipend (across third/fourth year or upon graduation)
To be eligible for this award you must:
- have a GPA of 5.5 or greater
- be commencing your second year or higher of the Bachelor of Creative Industries
- have completed 96 credit points of the Bachelor of Creative Industries degree or 96 credit points in Creative Industries units towards a Bachelor of Creative Industries double degree
- be enrolled full time
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship you must submit:
- a completed application form
- your curriculum vitae (CV), including (where possible) any support materials which demonstrate achievements and/or evidence entrepreneurial spirit within creative industries
- a proposal outlining how you anticipate that this scholarship will enhance opportunities for you in the creative industries and enable your career transition
- a statement of any equity disadvantage or hardship in further study - QUT Equity Scholarships will be utilised where applicable (not compulsory).
What happens next?
A selection committee will assess each application and email you to let you know the outcome of your application.
To keep this scholarship you must:
- remain enrolled as a full time student in the Bachelor of Creative Industries or Bachelor of Creative Industries double degree for the duration of the studies; and
- maintain a course grade point average (GPA) of 5.5 or greater.
At the end of the year you receive the scholarship, you must provide an overview of the benefit and outcomes you gained from receiving the scholarship.
About the scholarship
The John Stainton Scholarship was established to provide opportunities for exceptionally talented and committed students in the Bachelor of Creative Industries course who demonstrate strong creative ability and potential in entrepreneurship.