What you'll receive
- $5,000 over one year, paid in two instalments of $2,500 (one instalment per semester, after the census date).
You must be one of:
- an Australian citizen (including dual citizens)
- a permanent resident of Australia
- a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- a New Zealand citizen.
You must also be:
- from a low-income background
- experiencing financial hardship
- applying for an undergraduate degree offered by our Science and Engineering Faculty.
Who can't apply
You can't apply if you're a:
- single-unit study student - studying an individual unit at QUT, but not enrolled in a QUT course
- cross-institutional student - enrolled in a course at another university, but studying specific units at QUT and receiving credit towards your course at the other university
- QUT College student - studying one of the pathway programs offered by our international college, including foundation courses, university diplomas and English language courses
How to apply
Applications for Semester 2, 2020 have now closed.
Completing the application form
When applications are open, you only need to submit one application form to be considered for all scholarships under the scheme. Make sure you follow the instructions to supply all relevant supporting documents by the closing date.
What happens next?
We will assess your application and score it against our selection criteria.
We allocate scholarships based on need. Students with the greatest need will receive the highest value scholarships. The number of scholarships available will determine the cut-off to receive a scholarship.
When will I know the outcome of my application?
If you applied and submitted all supporting documentation by 9am on 20 July 2020, we’ll let you know whether your application was successful by early August 2020.
These offer dates are subject to federal government funding.
- maintain an enrolment of at least 36 credit points each semester for the duration of the scholarship
- continue your second semester studies directly after the first semester
- achieve a grade of 4 or above for all units in the first semester, to retain the scholarship for the second semester.
- defer your offer.
Your scholarship may be terminated if you:
- discontinue from the prescribed course or transfer to another course.
Science and Engineering Faculty
- 3138 8822
- Int. phone
- +61 7 3138 8822
- Level 3, O Podium
- Gardens Point
- 2 George St
- Brisbane QLD
- Postal address
- QUT Science and Engineering Faculty
- GPO Box 2434
- Brisbane QLD 4001