What you'll receive
- $1,500 for one year, paid in Semester 1 after the census date.
You must be:
- from a low-income background
- experiencing financial hardship
- enrolled in or applying for an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree offered by our Faculty of Science or Faculty of Engineering.
Who can't apply
You can't apply if you're a:
- single-unit study student - studying an individual unit at QUT, but not enrolled in a QUT course
- cross-institutional student - enrolled in a course at another university, but studying specific units at QUT and receiving credit towards your course at the other university
- QUT College student - studying one of the pathway programs offered by our international college, including foundation courses, university diplomas and English language courses
How to apply
To be considered for this scholarship, you need to apply through our Equity Scholarships Scheme.
Completing the application form
You only need to submit one application form to be considered for all scholarships under the scheme. Make sure you follow the instructions to supply all relevant supporting documents by the closing date.
What happens next?
We will assess your application and score it against our selection criteria. We allocate scholarships based on need. Students with the greatest need will receive the scholarships. The number of scholarships available will determine the cut-off to receive a scholarship.
When will I know the outcome of my application?
Successful applicants will be notified by the end of week 5 of classes in Semester 1, 2021.
- maintain an enrolment of at least 36 credit points for the semester of the bursary.
Faculty of Engineering and Faculty of Science
- 3138 8822
- Int. phone
- +61 7 3138 8822
- Level 3, O Podium
- Gardens Point
- 2 George St
- Brisbane QLD
- Postal address
- QUT Science and Engineering Faculty
- GPO Box 2434
- Brisbane QLD 4001