- Applications close
- 26 July 2019
What you'll receive
You'll receive $4,000 for one year, paid in two instalments of $2,000.
- apply for and be offered a place in the Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- be starting the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Semester 2, 2019
- be researching within the fields of chemistry or physics
- be supervised in your honours research by an academic staff member of the Chemistry, Physics and Mechanical Engineering School.
How to apply
Step 1: Apply for the honours degree
Apply for the Bachelor of Science (Honours).
Step 2: Apply for the scholarship
Complete and submit the application form.
You will be asked questions about your proposed project with a brief personal statement covering your suitability and motivation for the research. You will also be required to upload a copy of your academic transcript.
Make sure you're prepared for the questions and have a copy of your academic transcript handy. This form cannot be saved and if it is left for an extended amount of time (around 30 minutes) the system will time you out, and you'll lose your progress.
You can apply for this scholarship before you know the outcome of your application for the Bachelor of Science (Honours), but you must be offered a place in the honours degree and accept it to be eligible to receive the scholarship.
What happens next?
We'll assess your application against criteria based on:
- your previous academic performance, represented by your grade point average (GPA)
- the suitability of your proposed research.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- maintain a full-time enrolment in your honours degree
- maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 5 (on a 7-point scale).