- Applications close
- 8 March 2019
What you'll receive
You'll receive either:
- $4,000 for one year, paid in two instalments of $2,000
- $2,000 for one year, paid in two instalments of $1,000.
- apply for and be offered a place in the Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- be researching within the fields of chemistry or physics
- be supervised in your honours research by an academic staff member of the Chemistry, Physics and Mechanical Engineering School.
How to apply
Step 1: Apply for the honours degree
Apply for the Bachelor of Science (Honours).
Step 2: Apply for the scholarship
- Complete the scholarship application form(PDF file, 34.9 KB).
- Submit the completed form and any required supporting documents to the Science and Engineering Scholarships Officer.
You can apply for this scholarship before you know the outcome of your application for the Bachelor of Science (Honours), but you must be offered a place in the honours degree and accept it to be eligible to receive the scholarship.
What happens next?
We'll assess your application against criteria based on:
- your previous academic performance, represented by your grade point average (GPA)
- the suitability of your proposed research.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- maintain a full-time enrolment in your honours degree
- maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 5 (on a 7-point scale).