What you'll receive
- $19,830 per annum.
If you're an international student, you'll also receive:
- a QUT tuition fee sponsorship.
Scholarships are competitive and based on merit. Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Island people are encouraged to apply.
- be applying for entry to the Master of Philosophy (Accountancy)
- have a grade point average (GPA) of 6 or above in your previous completed studies
- enrol as a full-time student
- commence study in semester 1 each year
- conduct your research on one of the approved topics:
- Accounting for infrastructure and cost benefit analysis in the assessment of major projects
- Addressing the cash economy: evidence from foreign jurisdictions
- Assurance in Not-for-profit organisations in Australia
- Blockchain’s application to infrastructure funding
- Blockchain: Evolution or illusion?
- Blockchain technology and its implications in accounting
- Diversity on corporate boards and indigenous participation
- Faithful representation and the usefulness of financial information
- From CSR sustainability integrated reporting rise non-financial performance measures
- How do financial fraudsters describe their moral behaviour?
- The feasibility of universal basic income in Australia
- Pet insurance and value
- Private health insurance
How to apply
This scholarship is offered annually. Applications open 6 July and close 31 August each year.
Step 1: Apply for your course
Apply for the IF80 Master of Philosophy by following the steps on how to apply for a research degree. The Master of Philosophy application and supporting documents should be submitted to the email address on the application form (either domestic or international).
If you have questions about the higher degree research application process, please contact the QUT Business Research Support Office.
Note: In the ‘Scholarship’ section of your application, indicate your intention to apply for the School of Accountancy’s Accelerate Scholarship.
Step 2: Apply for the Accelerate Scholarship
Complete and submit the School of Accountancy Accelerate Scholarship application form (PDF file, 270.0 KB) to email@example.com
You can apply for up to two of the approved topics.
If you have questions regarding the terms and conditions of the scholarship, please contact the School of Accountancy HDR Coordinator.
The School of Accountancy reserves the right not to award the scholarship.
Term of scholarship
The duration of the scholarship will not be longer than the period required to complete the relevant course of study. As this award is for Master of Philosophy (Accountancy), the term of the scholarship will be for 18 months, full time (48 credit points per semester). No extensions of the scholarship will be granted.
- QUT reserves the right to terminate the scholarship after 6 months should a recipient's progress be deemed unsatisfactory and/or the recipient fails to maintain an appropriate grade point average (GPA) of 5.0 in all required coursework units.
- If you withdraw after census date you will be liable for the tuition fees of the units that you were enrolled in, and be required to repay any received scholarship funds to the School of Accountancy within 30 days.
- The scholarship amount is $19,830 per annum and paid as a fortnightly stipend. The scholarship will cease on submission of thesis for examination. At this time you will be deemed as completed and not enrolled.
- As the scholarship is for full-time study, it is expected that you will commit no less than 40 hours per week to study, allowing up to 10 hours during the normal week for paid employment.
- Approval to undertake paid employment must be obtained through the Head of School, on the advice of the principal supervisor.
- Students who are recipients of other scholarships are not eligible for this scholarship.