What you'll receive
- $19,830 per year.
If you're an international student, you'll also receive:
- a QUT fee waiver.
Scholarships are competitive and based on merit.
- be applying to start a Master of Philosophy in Semester 1, 2019
- have a grade point average (GPA) of 6 or above in your previous studies
- conduct your research on one of the approved topics which will be available here when applications are open.
How to apply
Applications for Semester 1, 2019 will open soon.
If you have questions about this scholarship, contact the School of Accountancy HDR coordinator.
The School of Accountancy reserves the right not to award the scholarship.
Term of scholarship
The duration of the scholarship will not be longer than the period required to complete the relevant course of study. As this award is for Master of Business (Research), the term of the scholarship will be for 18 months, full time (48 credit points per semester). No extensions of the scholarship will be granted.
- QUT reserves the right to terminate the scholarship after 6 months should a recipient's progress be deemed unsatisfactory and/or the recipient fails to maintain an appropriate grade point average (GPA) of 5.0 in all required coursework units.
- If you withdraw after census date you will be liable for the tuition fees of the units that you were enrolled in, and be required to repay any received scholarship funds to the School of Accountancy within 30 days.
- The scholarship amount is $19,830 per annum and paid as a fortnightly stipend. The scholarship will cease on submission of thesis for examination. At this time you will be deemed as completed and not enrolled.
- As the scholarship is for full-time study, it is expected that you will commit no less than 30 hours per week to study, allowing up to 10 hours during the normal week for paid employment.
- Approval to undertake paid employment must be obtained through the Head of School, on the advice of the principal supervisor.
- Students who are recipients of other scholarships are not eligible for this scholarship.
Awards funded by QUT's faculties, schools and centres which comply with the Australian Taxation Office conditions are tax exempt. It is the student's responsibility to check the taxation legislation available on the Australian Taxation Office website.