- Applications open
- August 2021
- Applications close
- November 2021
What you'll receive
- one of 10 scholarships worth $3,000 each.
Other benefits may include:
- one of up to 10 relocation bursaries for regional or remote students worth $1,500 each
- membership of the QUT College of Excellence.
- be graduating Year 12 in 2021 (or had no more than one gap year)
- have an ATAR 92.00-99.95 or equivalent
- have participated in either a:
- STEM camp
- high school STEM internship program.
- be enrolling in a full-time bachelor degree in our Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Science or Faculty of Health
- have completed Year 12 studies in Australia.
To qualify for the relocation bursary, you must also have:
- attended year 12 in a school outside the southeast Queensland catchment, which includes:
- Brisbane City Council
- Gold Coast City Council
- Ipswich City Council
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- Logan City Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Noosa Shire Council
- Redland City Council
- Scenic Rim Council
- Somerset Regional Council
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council
- been a boarder from a regional or remote area who attended school inside the southeast Queensland catchment.
You must also be either:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- an Australian permanent resident
- the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa.
How to apply
You do not need to complete a scholarship application to be considered for this award. All eligible students who complete a QTAC application and apply for any of the single or double degrees offered by our QUT Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Health or Faculty of Science in line with QTAC key dates will be considered.
Other scholarships at QUT may require you to complete a separate application form. For further information, browse our scholarships.
What happens next?
Eligible students will be assessed based on academic performance and participation in a STEM Scholar program. We'll make offers for the QUT STEM Scholars scholarship after the QUT Excellence Scholarships have been awarded in January 2022.
If you are successful in being awarded a QUT Excellence Scholarship, you will no longer be eligible for the QUT STEM Scholars Academic Scholarship or Relocation Bursary.
Relocation bursaries are assessed based on academic performance, participation in a STEM Scholars program and whether you completed year 12 outside of the southeast Queensland catchment or as a boarder from a regional or remote area within it. The bursary is awarded in conjunction with the QUT STEM Scholars scholarship.
You will only be notified if you are offered a scholarship. Although you may have been successful in your scholarship offer, this does not mean that you're automatically accepted into the course you’ve applied for. You must still be successful in your QTAC application.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- remain enrolled full-time.
- defer your scholarship or bursary offer. If you defer your course, you can reapply the following year, if you haven't undertaken university study in the meantime
- hold any other scholarship, except an Equity Scholarship. If you have any questions about holding other scholarships, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the scholarship
The purpose of the QUT STEM Scholars Academic Scholarship is to help support high-achieving students that have participated in the STEM Scholars programs (QUT STEM Camp or High School STEM Internships) and are undertaking their first year of an undergraduate degree within the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Health or Faculty of Science at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT).
The QUT STEM Scholars Relocation Bursary helps support high-achieving regional or remote students that have participated in either the QUT STEM Camp or the QUT High School Research Internships program, who must move away from their home residence in a regional or remote area, to undertake their first year of an undergraduate degree within the Science Faculty, Engineering Faculty or the Faculty of Health at QUT.
In addition to the financial support, the STEM Scholars program helps you to make the most of your QUT experience through additional development opportunities, which build your leadership skills and professional networks.