What you'll receive
- $1000 prize if you are enrolled in a Diploma program
- $750 prize if you are enrolled in a Foundation program
- $500 prize if you are enrolled in English for Academic Purposes (EAP) 1, 2 or 3
- $250 prize if you are enrolled in a General English program
Prizes will be paid in the form of a visa gift card.
Diploma, Foundation and EAP students must:
- be enrolled in the final semester of one of the following programs:
- receive the highest academic grade in your program
- complete your studies in 2019 or 2020
General English students must:
- be enrolled in the current teaching period and have been enrolled in the previous teaching period
- maintain a class attendance record of at least 95% and a positive behaviour record throughout the current and the previous teaching periods
- demonstrate a positive attitude towards all academic and non-academic activities, maintained throughout the current and the previous teaching periods
- demonstrate exemplary progress in your English language proficiency
- be nominated for the award by a QUTIC staff member
How to apply
There is no application for these awards. They will be automatically be awarded to the highest achieving student in each program.
What happens next?
All eligible students will be automatically assessed by the college once results are released.
General English students who are nominated for an award will be assessed by a selection panel according to the eligibility criteria.
Awards will be presented by the Director at the QUTIC End Of Course Ceremony.
- Diploma students will be selected on the basis of the highest average GPA across all unit attempts.
- Foundation students will be selected on the basis of the highest recorded GPA at course completion.
- EAP students will be selected on the basis of the highest percentage recorded at course completion.
- GE students will be nominated by a QUT International College staff member and awardees will be chosen by a panel of QUTIC English Language Programs management staff.
- Students with unfinalised or failed unit grades will not be eligible.
- The decision made by the selection panel is final.
- It may be possible for the same student to win an academic achievement award and community contribution award. It may also be possible for a student to win an academic achievement award for GE and then again for EAP, Foundation or Diploma. However, when a student is awarded an Award for Academic Achievement in General English, they become ineligible for this award again in the future.
- Students will be expected to contribute to some marketing activities, such as written testimonials and/or blogs as a condition of their scholarship.
About the scholarship
The QUTIC Director’s Award for Academic Achievement recognises and promotes high levels of academic achievement by students enrolled in English, Diploma and Foundation programs at QUT International College. This award provides monetary prizes awarded at course completion to the highest achieving student in each course and cohort.