What you'll receive
- $1000 prize if you are enrolled in a Diploma program
- $750 prize if you are enrolled in a Foundation program
- $500 prize if you are enrolled in English for Academic Purposes (EAP) 1, 2 or 3
- $250 prize if you are enrolled in a General English program
Prizes will be paid in the form of a visa gift card.
Diploma, Foundation and EAP students must:
- receive the highest academic grade in your program
- complete your studies in 2019 or 2020
How to apply
There is no application for these awards. They will be automatically awarded to the highest achieving student in each program.
What happens next?
All eligible students will be automatically assessed by the College once results are released.
Awards will be presented by the Executive Director at the QUT College.
- Diploma students will be selected on the basis of the highest average GPA across all unit attempts.
- Foundation students will be selected on the basis of the highest recorded GPA at course completion.
- EAP students will be selected on the basis of the highest percentage recorded at course completion.
- Students with unfinalised or failed unit grades will not be eligible.
- The decision made by the selection panel is final.
- It may be possible for the same student to win an academic achievement award and community contribution award. It may also be possible for a student to win an academic achievement award for EAP and then again for Foundation or Diploma.
- Students will be expected to contribute to some marketing activities, such as written testimonials and/or blogs as a condition of their scholarship.
About the scholarship
The QUT College Executive Director’s Award for Academic Achievement recognises and promotes high levels of academic achievement by students enrolled in EAP, Diploma and Foundation programs at the College. This award provides monetary prizes awarded at course completion to the highest achieving student in each course and cohort.