What you'll receive
- a living allowance of $30,000 for the duration of the 1 year scholarship. International students may be considered for a fee sponsorship, which is assessed on a case by case basis. Read the terms and conditions of the tuition fee sponsorship (PDF file, 148.2 KB)
- access to up to $15,000 for project costs.
You must have completed either:
- a recognised bachelor degree with honours, including a major relevant to the area of study
- a recognised bachelor degree (or equivalent) including a major relevant to the area of study with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 5.0 (on QUT’s 7 point scale) and relevant professional or research experience as determined by the faculty.
How to apply
Submit your application to the project supervisor, Associate Professor Robert Speight.
Your application must include:
- a cover letter
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV)
- full academic transcript
- a summary (up to 2 pages) of your scientific career, including:
- a summary of your final project from your most recent degree
- a paragraph on your research interests
- contact details of 3 referees (email, address and phone numbers).
If your application is successful at this stage, you will be asked to complete an application form and to submit a research proposal.
What happens next?
This scholarship will stay open until a suitable candidate is found.
If your application is not successful, we'll notify you by email.
For more information about the application process, contact the Science and Engineering Faculty Research Scholarships Office.
To discuss the research project further, contact Associate Professor Robert Speight by email.
About the scholarship
The red meat processing industry offers many challenges and opportunities for process engineering research from energy management, use and generation to the re-purposing and reuse of co-product or waste streams.
The scholarship program provides an opportunity for outstanding students to address the challenges faced by the red meat processing industry.
Research projects that align with red meat processing industry needs can be tailored to your background or research interests.