- Applications close
- 8 February 2019
What you'll receive
- your tuition fees or upfront Commonwealth supported place contribution (whichever is applicable) paid by the scholarship for up to two years full-time or equivalent
- a $600 book voucher to buy textbooks at QUT bookshops.
You must be:
- an Australian citizen or permanent visa holder, or New Zealand citizen
- of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- living in Australia
You must be studying one of:
- Master of Education
- Master of Teaching.
You can be studying full-time or part-time, internally or externally.
How to apply
- Complete the Penny Tripcony scholarship application form (PDF file, 134.0 KB), and attach:
- confirmation of your aboriginality (eg. a letter from the Oodgeroo Unit or similar documentation)
- transcripts of your high school results and any tertiary study you have attempted or completed.
- the reasons for your choice of degree
- your academic performance and achievement to date
- why and how the scholarship will help you achieve your education and career goals
- how you intend to contribute to the field of education in your chosen area
- your current financial circumstances
- any other considerations that would make you a worthy recipient of the scholarship.
What happens next?
A selection panel will assess applications on:
- your two-page statement
- financial need
- academic merit.
The selection panel will comprise:
- a representative from the Oodgeroo Unit
- The Chair of the Faculty of Education Equity Committee or delegate
- a Program Coordinator from an Education postgraduate course or delegate
- a Faculty of Education Student Affairs representative.
We'll notify you of the outcome of your application.
See the Penny Tripcony Scholarship application (PDF file, 134.0 KB) form for the full terms and conditions for keeping this scholarship.
About the scholarship
The Executive Dean of the Faculty of Education established the Penny Tripcony Scholarship to encourage students from an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background to realise their study goals and undertake a Master of Education or Master of Teaching in Education course within the Faculty of Education at the Queensland University of Technology.