- Applications close
- 31 October 2021
What you'll receive
- a scholarship of $28,597 per annum, tax exempt for 3 years
- a full tuition fee sponsorship for international students.
An extension of up to 6 months may be considered, subject to satisfactory progress and budget availability.
You will also benefit from being part of a research team, and working with other PhD students and research technicians.
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- meet the entry requirements for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at QUT, including any English language requirements for international students
- be able to enrol as a full-time, internal student.
You should be able to demonstrate the following required skills:
- previous research experience in the fields of operations research, applied mathematics or statistics
- strong programming capabilities.
It is desirable (but not essential) that you can demonstrate:
- experience working with high-performance computing or cloud computing environments
- an interest in how mathematics can be used solved real-world problems in ecology and our environment
How to apply
If you're interested in applying for this scholarship, you'll need to successfully apply for a PhD at QUT. Follow our steps to apply for a research degree.
Your expression of interest must indicate that you're applying for this scholarship. List Dr Adrianne Jenner as your proposed supervisor.
What happens next?
The scholarship will remain open until the 31 October 2021, or until a suitable candidate is found. We are seeking to recruit a student as soon as possible.
This scholarship is governed by the QUT Postgraduate Research Award terms and conditions.
About the scholarship
This project will be associated with coral reef restoration and adaptation in response to climate change. It will focus on modelling and optimisation for deployment of various intervention technologies.