What you'll receive
- A refund of 10-week QUT English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program valued up to AU$4,500, paid as reduction towards the subsequent academic program(s) at QUT College or the faculties, including foundation, diploma, University Certificate in Tertiary Preparation, Study Abroad and coursework degrees in 2021.
- QUT College will continue to provide EAP concessions of 25% to citizens of Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea and Japan. The adjusted refund value is AU$3375.
To be eligible you must:
- be a citizen of China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, or Japan
- be a new commencing student in the EAP program between October 2020 to November 2020
- successfully complete your EAP program at the QUT College and commence your next academic program (with a minimum duration of one semester) in one of the following courses no later than November 2021:
- University Certificate in Tertiary Preparation
- Study Abroad
- Coursework degree programs.
How to apply
You do not need a separate application for the bursary and should apply to QUT as per usual by submitting your application on QUT Application Portal. If eligible, you will automatically receive an additional letter detailing the EAP concession and confirming the EAP bursary upon receiving the Letter of Offer.
What happens next?
To be eligible for the bursary, you must accept your offer to study at QUT by following the instructions outlined in your Offer Letter (details in the ‘Your Next Step’ section). When making the acceptance payment, you will need to pay your EAP program(s) tuition fees upfront. QUT will award 10 weeks of EAP tuition bursary (valued AU$4,500 or AU$3,375 if you receive EAP concessions) after you successfully progress to your subsequent academic program at QUT.
- Master of Philosophy and PhD programs are excluded from this bursary.
- Continuing students at QUT are excluded from this bursary.
- You must meet all minimum QUT standard entry requirements.
- You must have admission to a minimum of EAP program followed by a minimum of academic pathway at QUT College or the faculties. Academic programs include foundation, diploma, University Certificate in Tertiary Preparation, Study Abroad and coursework degrees. The academic program(s) must have a minimum duration of one semester and commencement must be no later than November 2021.
- You must pay for the EAP program upfront after any QUT College concessions are applied.
- The EAP bursary (valued up to AU$4,500) will only be awarded in the form of sponsorship when you have met all required academic and English requirements to progress to the academic program at QUT College or the faculties.
- The refund will appear as a reduction to your tuition fees of the subsequent academic program.
- If you withdraw from the subsequent academic program before the census date, the sponsorship will cease. You are not entitled to receive the bursary.
- In the event where you are offered a second EAP program, the bursary applies once you progress to the academic program at QUT College or the faculties.
- The EAP bursary is available to onshore and offshore students of specified nationalities.
- You must commence the subsequent academic program at QUT College or the faculties no later than November 2021.
- You need to maintain full-time enrolment status at EAP and academic program.