- Applications close
- 5 April 2019
What you'll receive
- a scholarship valued at $2,500 for one year, paid in two instalments of $1,250
- a year's free student membership to the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC).
You'll also have the opportunity to promote NAWIC and women in construction by:
- promoting the scholarship on campus at the following year's launch
- attending a NAWIC QLD or NAWIC NT event or seminar and sharing your experiences
- attending NAWIC Education and Mentoring Committee meetings to share your thoughts and suggestions with the NAWIC team
- providing input to the NAWIC QLD social media channels.
- be a female student
- be enrolled full time in your second or third year in 2019 in one of the following QUT undergraduate programs in QLD campuses only:
- Bachelor of Urban Development (Construction Management)
- Bachelor of Urban Development (Quantity Surveying and Cost Engineering)
- Bachelor of Urban Development (Urban and Regional Planning)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil, Electrical or Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Property Economics
- Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture, Interior Design or Architectural Studies)
- have a grade point average (GPA) of 5 or above.
How to apply
Step 1 - prepare your application
Selection will be based on:
- an essay of 800-1,000 words on one of these topics:
- How can high schools, and organisations like NAWIC play a bigger part in encouraging girls to consider a career in the construction industry?
- The theme for the NAWIC Mentoring program for FY19 is accountability and self- responsibility. Tell us what these concepts mean to you in a professional and personal context and how you would embody them as a representative of the NAWIC organisation/successful scholarship applicant.
- a brief explanation of how the NAWIC scholarship will assist you in your plan of study (e.g., assistance with purchasing text books).
- a written reference from either an employer or supervising lecturer.
The recipient's essay will be published in one or more NAWIC QLD publications, like the NAWIC website, Facebook page and Linkedin page.
You can supply academic transcripts obtained from HiQ. You don't need to submit an official academic record of QUT studies.
Step 2 - submit your application
Email your completed application and supporting documents to email@example.com with the subject line 'NAWIC Scholarship 2019 Application - QUT, Applicant's Name' by 5pm on the closing date.
You must maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 5 or above and continue to meet all other eligibility requirements to receive the second installment of your scholarship.
Failure to comply may result in your scholarship being terminated at the discretion of the NAWIC committee.
About the scholarship
The National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC)'s mission is to raise the profile of women working in the construction industry and be a positive instrument for change in the construction industry. NAWIC started in 1995 and has strived to build the organisation to encourage and support women working in construction and related industries.