- Applications close
- 7 December 2021
What you'll receive
You’ll receive an award valued at $2,000 after progressing successfully through an interview process as well as 6 weeks of paid work placement in KBR in an area compatible with your study major (where possible).
Applications are welcomed from current QUT students who must meet all 4 of the eligibility criteria below;
- be an undergraduate student from any course major who is enrolled in the project collaboration minor
- must have completed all 4 units of study (Must include BEB112 Principles of Project Management) in The ‘Project Collaboration Minor by the end of each calendar year.
- have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 5 and above across all 4 units in the project collaboration minor including BEB112 (Principles of Project Management) by the end of each calendar year
- be available for the following dates:
|7 December 2021||Applications close|
|13 to 15 December 2021||Interview for shortlisted candidates|
|20 December 2021||Award event at KBR's Brisbane office|
|17 January to 25 February 2022||Six weeks paid work placement at KBR in Brisbane|
How to apply
By the close date 11:59pm 7th of December 2021 you must complete and submit the following documents to FAUS-KBR_PM_Award@kbr.com
- submit a detailed CV (No More than 2 pages)
- submit a screen shot / PDF of your QUT academic history showing all completed units of student to date.
- submit a written response to all 3 questions below (Maximum of 100 words per question):
- what interest you the most about being a project manager?
- name 3 core skills you have as a project manage that will differentiate you from your peers
- which one of the KBR values resonates with you the most?
Please provide reasoning and a situational example to support your selection.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries relating to the scholarship.
What happens next?
Selection will be based on:
- academic merit
- response to questions
- alignment with KBR values.
Representatives from KBR will shortlist those applicants required for an interview.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview with KBR, who will then advise QUT of the successful candidate. BMD may request that a QUT representative also sit on the interview panel.
If your application is successful, we will notify you via telephone and mail.
If your application is not successful, we will notify you by mail.
About the scholarship
KBR is a global business employing approximately 30,000 employees worldwide and is made up of some of the best and brightest minds. We are multi-disciplinary and constantly evolving, delivering some of the world’s most complex projects in engineering, science, and technology.
In Australia our focus is Infrastructure Services. We have a talented and growing team of 800 people delivering solutions across Transport, Water and Environment, buildings, Defence Infrastructure as well as Program Management and Construction consultancy markets. We realise that our key differentiator is our people. We strive to create an agile environment where staff can collaborate, be creative, be innovate and have access to cutting edge technologies that keep people at the forefront of their specialisation.
The inaugural KBR project management award was launched in 2021 and the aim of the award is to nurture the next generation of project management professionals.
One award will be offered in each calendar year to a current QUT student and will be selected by a QUT-KBR panel based on merit.